~Chapter 38~

Sesshomaru's gaze snapped up as he stared at the stone.

'Shh, shh, it's going to be ok, my son.' That was clearly his father's voice. He looked down again, then let out a heavy breath. Was he hearingthings now?

"Do you really believe I am flawless?" He quickly turned to look behind him, then froze. His eyes slowly widened at what stood in front of him.

"Father?" It was obvious it wasn't him, but his spirit, just like before when he helped Inuyasha seal the sword in the nether world. He smiled before walking past Sesshomaru making him turn again. He sat in front of his own grave stone in front of his son with a calm smile.

"Well?" Sesshomaru glanced to the side for a moment.

"You were all powerful, the whole land feared you yet showed so much respect for you. You always had good control, you knew just what to do."

"That is not true at all, my son." Sesshomaru looked at his father once more.

"I have never seen you in the state I am in now." He said with a soft growl. He wasn't mad at his father, just at himself for the way he was acting, but he also couldn't stop the childish words from flowing out.

"That is because I came here, as you did." Now, Sesshomaru was just confused.

"I often spent time here to myself, to calm myself, or let out any negative thoughts and feelings I may have had. I do regret it, in a way now, if you truly thought I was a man incapable of breaking as you are now." Sesshomaru's gaze lowered to his lap.

"I taught you how to be a lord, yet, I had forgotten how to teach you how to be a man." Sesshomaru looked up, once again, confused.

"A man?" He asked softly.

"Someone who knows that it is ok to not be ok. Many speak of us men being strong, and unmoving, but true men and even women know better than that." There was a silence while Sesshomaru took in his words. Is that why Mayu was always there, then in his weakest moments? She knew, didn't she? Then again, she must've, the way she grew up must have taught her so.

"Tell me, my son, what is troubling you so?" His father asked breaking the silence. Sesshomaru closed his eyes for a moment.

"Too many things." He admitted.

"What is the most important to you right now?" His father asked. 

"Mayu." Sesshomaru blurted out even before he could think.

"The female that was with you during the Obon Festival, yes?" Sesshomaru perked up at this.

"You..."

"Yes, I was there." His father answered Sesshomaru's unspoken question.

"Yes, the female that was with me during the Obon Festival. Her name is Mayu."

"And what about her is troubling you?" His father asked.

"I..." Sesshomaru trailed off not knowing how to explain this.

"I've bred her, but I was unaware how human pregnancies were different from out how people's, and now she's in danger." 

"I see." His father whispered softly.

"Your mother is the one who told you, right?" He asked.

"Yes." 

"I will tell you this, Sesshomaru. You won't have to worry until the pup is to come if she's anything like Inuyasha's mother." Sesshomaru perked up.