~Chapter 35~

"Is something the matter Sesshomaru?" Mayu asked. Sesshomaru had guided them both to his room, he now sat on his bed in nothing but his bottoms. There's no way he could be tired already? He reached up to the hair resting over his shoulder laying on his chest and flicked it behind his back before looking back at Mayu.

"I am fine." He reassured before motioning her to come beside him. She nodded and walked over sitting beside him. He brought a hand over and gently turned her head to face him, then he placed a passionate kiss upon her lips. Mayu couldn't help but blush a little at this action, but she melted and kissed him back none the less. She felt his hand roam down her cheek, neck, shoulder, then to her chest where he hooked his thumb's claw under her kimono gently pulling it to hang off of her shoulders, the fake tuft of fur falling to lay beside the two along with his own. He pulled back, but only a couple inches, as he gazed into her eyes with a gentle gaze.

"There is something I wanted to ask of you, Mayu." He spoke in a soft tone as his claw trailed down, her kimono being slowly opened. Mayu wanted to cover herself, but she seemed to be frozen under that gentle gaze of his.

"Being?" She whispered very softly, almost unheard. Sesshomaru leaned down and gently kissed down her chest, hovering just above where her breasts were. Mayu's heart raced at this action, yet, it wasn't out of worry or fear. She felt safe around him, more so after seeing his soft side, she had no reason to worry.

"Do you remember when I mentioned you needing a more suitable title?" Sesshomaru asked softly.

"Yes." Mayu spoke with a nod though he didn't see it, his gaze being lower now.

"Then, I ask you this." He lifted his head to give a gentle kiss to her lips once more, then he took her hands in his own as he pulled back to look her in the eye.

"Will you take the title as my mate, Otome?" He asked. Mayu stared dumbfounded. Sesshomaru, the demon lord of the west, feared by all and known for slautering demons and humans alike if they stood in his way, asked her, a human, to be his mate. Was she dreaming? He waited patiently, he could tell her mind was racing and didn't wish to push her, but he also was anxious for an answer. Was he a mad man? Possibly, but he also knew this was the right thing to do. He already treated her as his mate, and she him, but he never spoken out loud that is what he wished for, but he knew he wanted it.

"Me?" Mayu finally whispered after what felt like forever. Sesshomaru almost seemed amused by her question, a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips.

"Who else would I ask?" He asked her with a slight chuckle. Slowly, a smile pulled at Mayu's lips, gaze softening, and face flushing. She had never thought anyone would ask her such a thing, but the very man who took her from hell and gave her a decent- no, wonderful home- was nothing but anyone's dream come true. Without even thinking twice, she jumped forward and hugged him. This took him off guard for a moment, their chests were now pressed together and he could feel her quick heart beat.

"I'd be honored." Mayu said as she nuzzled into his neck, he could feel the smile she now wore due to her lips being pressed against his neck now. He wrapped his arms around her as he closed his eyes, a smile now showing on his own face. They stayed like that for some time, just enjoying each other's warmth and presence, but soon Sesshomaru found himself nibbling on her shoulder making a shiver dance down Mayu's spine. Now that Mayu had spoken those magical words, Sesshomaru had felt his inner beast crave to seal the deal. The only issue is, he knew human traditions worked differently, so he wondered if she'd be ok with such a bonding. Mayu's hand slowly traced around on his side, he was very defined and it was obvious he was no where near weak, a beauty to behold for sure. She felt his heavy, warm breath tickle her shoulder as it slowly left his lungs while she did this, she could only guess he enjoyed it.

"Otome." Sesshomaru finally spoke up Mayu pulled back so she could look at him, only did she finally realize that her front was nearly wide open for him to gaze upon, let alone the fact she had just pressed herself against him.

"Yes?" She asked in a soft tone. She was now fixated on his face. His face was a light red, last time she saw this he was drunk, but he was dead sober right now.

"Lay down for me." He spoke. Just as he said this, his own Mokomoko-san started shifting, it took her fake one with it to make a pool of fur on his bed. She merely nodded and did as asked, and though she felt a little embarrassed about being so exposed to him, with his movement of instantly hovering over her, she couldn't do much about it. His golden eyes gleamed as he gazed down at her, she loved those eyes, like the rarest gems they were filled with such beauty. Sesshomaru's hand started to wonder on his prize, going from her chest slowly feeling down her stomach then her side up and down soothingly making her close her eyes and relax. While he did so, he traveled through his own mind deciding to try and see if he could remember any reason she's reject this bonding, any at all.

'What was the work you sought for?'

'U-Umm.'

'If you wish to not speak of it, it is fine.' His hand instantly froze making Mayu look up at him once more, a new glint in his eyes causing her to give a confused look.

"Mayu." He muttered ever so softly worrying the girl below him. His tone was no longer playful, happy, or calm in the slightest, he was dead serious. Had she done something wrong?

"There is something very important I need to ask of you." She tilted her head.

"What is it?" She asked.

"When you first spoke of what really happened to your brother, you mentioned what you had to do to raise him, but never in detail." Mayu looked to the side, Sesshomaru could see how uncomfortable she was talking about it. When she first mentioned it, then stuttered around not wanting to explain it further, Sesshomaru got a good idea what the work actually was.

"You sold yourself to men, didn't you?" Mayu's breath froze in her lungs, eyes darting to the golden ones she held so dear. This only confirmed Sesshomaru's guess, and it only made sense. She was young back then, she was desperate, so what better way is a girl to get what she needed? Feeling guilty for his actions, he pulled away and moved beside her instead of on top of her as he gazed away from her. Mayu slowly sat up with a worried look, he looked upset. Was he mad that he wasn't her first?

"S-"

"I apologize for my actions." Mayu was beyond confused now. What did he mean?

"What?" She asked, but got no answer. Did he think that he was forcing himself on her? No, heavens no, he gave her all the room to decline him, but she didn't want to. Yes, the idea was sickening to her, but now, she knew he was trust worthy, he wasn't like those using bastards. She frowned as she moved closer, then she wrapped her arms around him gently as she hugged him from behind, her chest pressing against his warm, smooth back. She carefully traced a hand down his arm soothingly as she placed a careful kiss on his shoulder.

"No need, Sesshomaru." She whispered softly.

"It is needed, Mayu." He said in a stern tone. Mayu sighed, he wasn't going to budge. Unless... Mayu grinned to herself before moving, then she quickly straddled him and pushed him to lay back on the buddles of fur behind him taking him by surprise.

"I choose if it's needed or not." She then leaned down and kissed him gently.

"Plus, you started this, now you're going to finish it." She growled, curious as to what reaction she would gain from it. Sesshomaru stared for a moment, then his eyes seemed to darken a little as a slight grin slowly formed on his lips. He reached up and yanked her clothing down making them pool around her hips and on his lap as he sat back up pulling her close as he licked her chest with a dominative growl.

"Very well, my mistress.~"