~Chapter 13~

"Your grace." Eri greeted with a bow, so, Mayu copied her.

"What is it Eri?" Sesshomaru's mother asked. Eri stood straight along with Mayu.

"Sesshomaru-sama has sent Mayu to speak to you." Sesshomaru's mother eyed Mayu.

"Of?" She asked, her tone growing a little cold.

"Sesshomaru-sama requests any information on how to contact Haha tsuki." She wore a confused look.

"Why Haha tsuki?" She asked.

"The people turned their heads from her, casting her to the side with the death of his father. He wished to somehow contact her and explain to her what happened and wish for her forgiveness." Mayu explained. Sesshomaru's mother thought for a moment, then closed her eyes.

"If he truly wishes to know, he'd see me himself." She simply said. Mayu frowned at this.

"Your grace, he sent Mayu due to him needing word with Amaya, I had already caught him up on the recent attack then ensued." Mayu glanced at Eri but kept composed.

'What attack?' His mother looked at Eri.

"Very well. The only way to contact her is when she wakes. He already missed one chance, however, there is another chance." Mayu perked up.

"When is this chance?" She asked.

"The Obon Festival, a festival in honor of our ancestor's spirits. It could be family or past selves, it is a night where we can reunite them, gain their unspoken knowledge. Haha tsuki is the one whom gives these spirits a chance to speak to those they crave attention from. If you go to the highest peak, you can contact her there. However, you must do this a week after the Obon Festival when she is well-rested." His mother explained.

"I see." Mayu whispered, then bowed.

"Thank you for your assistance, I will inform Sesshomaru-sama right away." She said with a smile.

"Very well then." She muttered, her golden eyes narrowed a little. Mayu turned, so Eri went to follow.

"Eri, come with me." His mother spoke before she could leave.

"Of course your grace." Eri spoke before nodding to Mayu, then turning to follow her. Mayu sighed and walked back to Sesshomaru's workspace. Once she grew near, however, snarling could be heard.

"Not again." She whispered as she sped up. How ever, when she saw rin rushing down the hall, she quickly stopped.

"Rin, what happened?" She quickly asked as she got on her knees. Rin quickly hugged her, she was scared.

"Chikara came and asked if Sesshomaru-sama got his act together, that made Sesshomaru-sama mad but he didn't say anything. Chikara then said there was an attack, and blamed it on Sesshomaru-sama, now they're arguing." She explained. Mayu frowned at this.

"Did Sesshomaru-sama tell you to leave?" She asked, Rin nodded.

"He said to find you or Amaya." She said.

'Who is Amaya?' Mayu though, then sighed.

"Go find Amaya and see if she can come clear things up, I'll try and calm them down. Ok?" Mayu said with a warm smile.

"Ok, be careful." Rin said. Mayu nodded and stood up so Rin rushed off. Mayu quickly made her way to Sesshomaru's workspace, the door was opened slightly. Mayu sighed and walked in closing the door behind her. Once again, the men were chest to chest, both of their eyes now in their demonic form instead of just Sesshomaru.

"Where were you, huh?!" Chikara snarled.

"Oh, right, playing human with that girl of yours." Before Mayu could even think, Chikara suddenly slammed into the closed-door right next to her blasting right through it. Mayu's eyes grew wide as she felt the wind slap the side of her face as he flew by. If she had been just a single step to the side, she would have gotten hurt too. Sesshomaru's eyes landed on Mayu, then his breath hitched, pure terror pooled in her eyes. Mayu hesitantly looked back seeing Chikara nearly down to the other end of the hall, the door was nearly gone now. Mayu quickly rushed over to Chikara's side getting on her knees.

"Chikara?" She spoke placing gentle hands on his shoulders.

"Father?" Mayu looked up to see a girl with light brown hair fading to darker brown, amber eyes and wore similar clothing to Chikara. Rin stood behind her with wide eyes. The woman quickly knelt beside Chikara's other side so Mayu pulled away.

"Father!" She snapped making his eyes flutter open, then he let out a strained groan.

"He's definitely Tōga's pup." He strained out as he slowly sat up.

"What did you do to anger the lord as such?!" The woman asked. Mayu looked over at Rin who was looking at Sesshomaru. She looked to see him staring at her, her breath hitched. She felt a small shiver danced down her spine, those eyes still scared her to an extent. Mayu stood up and took Rin's hand making her look up at her.

"I'll come to get you when things calm down, for now, stay in your room." Mayu spoke softly. Rin nodded and left to go to her room.

"I'm fine Amaya." Chikara growled earning a snarl from the woman.

"Whatever." She stood up with a glare, she was obviously not pleased that Chikara wouldn't accept her help. Chikara slowly stood up and brushed his shoulder off.

"Quick to anger as always I see. I thought this little trip of yours would calm that down?" He asked glancing at Mayu who frowned. It was supposed to help. Sesshomaru stepped out of the room and advanced to Chikara making Mayu panic.

"Do not look at her as if she caused this. You have no right in disrespecting me, if anything, as a general you failed to send a contact to me otherwise I would have come back sooner." Sesshomaru growled. The woman stepped away from the two men with a worried look in her eye.

"How was I supposed to send contact when I was in the middle of battle?" Chikara growled.

"You are provided with resources for a fucking reason." Sesshomaru snarled.

"I could have contacted Sesshomaru-sama if you needed me to father." The woman spoke.

"You're not a part of this Amaya." Chikara spoke in a dark tone. Amaya growled, but very softly.

"She is right, she could have easily contacted me." Sesshomaru said sternly.

"This does not concern her." Once again, they were chest to chest. Mayu tried to think of what to do, this fight was a lot worse than the last one, she didn't dare step in. Right? Well, that's what she thought, that was until Sesshomaru suddenly flexed his claws taking Chikara and Mayu by surprise. Did he really want to hurt Chikara?

"You have no right in claiming I don't care for my people!" Sesshomaru snapped. He was right, even during his break he worried non-stop. Mayu looked at Amaya who was watching the two as well, she seemed so used to this. How often did they fight? Suddenly there was a snap and bark, Chikara took a step back, it was Sesshomaru who snapped. Mayu had enough, she had no choice. She walked over and grabbed Sesshomaru's hand making him jolt and look down at her, his snarling catching in his throat.

"Outside, now." She said sternly taking Chikara and Amaya off guard, both of them tensing at her words. Before Sesshomaru could even reply, Mayu pulled him to move, and to everyone's surprise, he didn't fight it. Mayu walked to lead him out, then stopped looking at Amaya.

"If you may, can you check on Rin? I sent her to her room." She asked in a kind tone. Amaya smiled gently.

"I can." Mayu smiled.

"Thank you." With that, she pulled Sesshomaru outside.