~Chapter 25~

She entered, Sesshomaru right away noticed her small form trembling making him stand and walk to the front of his desk, brows furrowing a little. Did his mother say something to her after he walked away?

"Mayu?" She still didn't look up at him.

"Yes?" She spoke softly.

"Come here." He spoke again. Mayu was hesitant but still did as told. She walked over, but she still didn't look up at him. He stared for a moment trying to figure out what happened. Was it the night before? He let out a small breath.

"Mayu, look at me." He commanded in a gentle tone. She glanced up, her eyes were filled with guilt.

"What troubles you, Mayu?" He asked in a genuine tone. Mayu looked to the side again, then down.

"I'm sorry, I know you said to not speak of it. But when she found me in here last night, I didn't know what else to do but answer her." She spoke, her voice wavering. This made Sesshomaru perk up a little, then he clenched his jaw trying to choke down the growl bubbling in his chest. His mother knew she'd be scared of her, didn't she? He flinched when he saw something drop to the floor. A shimmering tear, the moon highlighting it so he could see, almost as if their mother wanted him to see it. Was she still watching? Sesshomaru brought a hand over gently wiping her tears away making her look up again.

"Mayu, she knew you'd answer. It's not your fault." Mayu glanced to the side still not believing his words.

"It was I who put that burden on you, Mayu. I am the fault of this." Mayu suddenly shook her head making him pull away a little.

"It's not a burden, Sesshomaru. It..." She trailed off not knowing how to word this.

"It what?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"I-It... It was nice. I was just surprised at the moment, I thought I made you mad when you left." She whispered. Sesshomaru brought a hand to rest between her shoulder blades gently bringing her close to him.

"It wasn't your doing, Mayu." He spoke softly. Mayu slowly closed her eyes, he was warm. Can you blame her? 

"You did nothing wrong, you were perfect." He whispered. Mayu nodded gently before bringing her arms up and gently hugging him. They sat in silence for a moment then Mayu went to pull away, he didn't let her. She looked up at him as he gazed down, Mayu smiled.

"You should go to bed, Sesshomaru, it's late." She said sweetly. 

"You as well?" He asked softly. Mayu looked down slowly.

"I can't Sesshomaru." She whispered.

"You do as I say, Mayu." Sesshomaru muttered. He wasn't commanding her, he was reminding her.

"You'll get in trouble." She muttered.

"I'll deal with it. Come." He said letting her go, then walked to the door. Mayu hesitated, then followed behind closing the door behind them. Thankfully, the halls were empty other than the guards, so Mayu wasn't as nervous. When they got there, they entered, just like before. He took his armor and tops off, just like before. He sat on the bed first, like before. Mayu sighed softly, walking over sitting next to him without hesitation this time. Sesshomaru looked down at her as she smiled up at him. He motioned behind them before properly laying down, giving her room. Mayu nodded, laying down next to him. Sesshomaru's gaze softened as he reached out tucking her hair behind her ear making her close her eyes.

"Mayu." She looked up at him again.

"Come here." He whispered. She gave a confused look. He sighed softly before reaching out further pulling her closer making her tense for a moment. He closed his eyes as he nuzzled her hair. Mayu blinked a couple of times, was he actually doing this or was she dreaming? Why would he actually do this??

"I wonder if this is how he felt." He suddenly whispered making Mayu look up at him.

"Your father?" She asked reluctantly.

"A sense of want, yet knowing you shouldn't. It's oddly exhilarating, maybe that's why near the end he didn't care who knew." He went on. Mayu frowned for a moment, then closed her eyes gently nuzzling Sesshomaru. He looked down and returned the favor.

"I'm curious, why did you choose me of all people? There are princesses who dream that a prince will find them, but you didn't choose them?" Mayu asked looking up at him once more. He stared into her eyes for a moment, then closed his eyes holding her close.

"Instincts." He muttered softly. Mayu still was a tad confused but decided to let it go due to his tired tone. She closed her eyes and relaxed, taking in the warmth he gave her, the same warmth that soon lulled her to sleep.