oOo 18 oOo

Keiko was worried.

Shojiro had been absent a lot more lately, and continued to brush off her questions with one word answers or nothing at all. She could very well see the circles under his eyes, and she did her best not to listen when he started mumbling under his breath because the last time she had asked him about something he had mumbled he freaked out.

It had seemed like even Katsuki could tell that something was off despite only running into her brother on the last night before the hero course students took off on their internships.

After opening the door, Shoji had barely given the two of them a glance before disappearing back into the house. Whatever comment her friend had been about to make died instantly on his lips as he stared in with the most dumbfounded look.

She was also worried about the friends she had made in the hero course, knowing that their internships held a serious chance of running into villain's, especially anyone interning in Hosu. She had read about the hero killer, and both her and her mentor mourned the fact that Keiko might have been able to stop Ingenium from becoming paralyzed if they had known sooner.

Sending a quick text to Katsuki and Kirishima, she put her phone away in her bag and let out a sigh. Shuzenji had left to go and visit some various hospitals, leaving her in charge of any student injuries. So far, there had been none.

It almost made her want to laugh- the hero students really could get reckless.

Already having completed any left over paperwork from the previous weeks, there wasn't much else for her to do. Despite her boredom, she was grateful. It meant that people weren't being hurt.

The days seemed to drag on quite a bit as she spent the time studying more about how quirks can effect how a patient needs to be treated. It mainly responded to mutation type quirks, but even that could vary as not all mutations were the same. Since she had access to some of the student's medical records, she cross referenced her studies and what she was learning with the notes and conditions listed. She was currently pouring over her notes from her most recent rabbit hole, a few pages from Asui's file scattered out as well. 

"Ah, Miss Oyama, I didn't expect to see you here so late."

Quickly looking up from her papers, her eyes caught sight of none other than the principal standing in the door to the clinic. 

"Oh, Mr. Nezu, it's good to see you," she quickly greeted, eyes flickering over to the clock. A sheepish smile landed on her face. "Sorry, I wasn't aware it had gotten so late. I'll clean up and head off  now."

"It's quite alright! In fact I wanted to speak with you about how things have been going so far with Recovery Girl," the mammalian made his way into the room, hands behind his back. 

"You'd probably get a better idea asking her, but as far as I can tell it has been going well. I've learned quite a number of things within this short time period. I've been enjoying my time learning from Recovery Girl, and interacting with hero course students has given me a better idea of what all a healer in this field would be dealing with," she mused, trying not to sound too unprepared but also not to give more information than needed. 

He nodded, a slight hum coming from him. "Now, I do apologize in advance, but we did do some research into your background as a precaution from the USJ incident."

Her eyes widened slightly at the mention of the USJ, and she straightened in her seat, facing him head on. Her thoughts grew panicked, wondering if this was were she got kicked out of UA or arrested for whatever reason. 

It must have read on her face for he started laughing. "Don't worry, we didn't find anything incriminating, I just want to confirm a few things."

Keiko let out a sigh of relief, nodding at him to continue. 

"So we saw that you had gotten into an accident of sorts when you were younger, could you give me any details on what occured?"

She bit her lip. "My brother was supposed to watch younger me, invited some friends over, and when he left to do something, they started demanding I use my quirk on them for what I now assume was some kind of high or something. When I wouldn't, they started attacking me. My brother threw them out and tried to fix it, but my parents didn't forgive him. We moved away from the city, and I grew up without my brother or the ability to clearly see faces. It's gotten better but it's a struggle sometimes."

"I see... And your parents both died shortly before you moved back up here?" 

"Yes. It was before one of few times I got to see Shojiro each year. I woke up and they had both passed away in their sleep. My brother showed up a day or so later and took care of everything since I couldn't."

"Right, I believe that is what we were able to find. My last question, you've kept your Quirk rather quiet from most people?"

Keiko gave a small smile, "After the accident my parents didn't want anything like that to happen again so it's been secret from almost everyone. We passed it off as a simple healing quirk, but I've learned to do a variety of other things with it. Currently I believe the only ones aware are the staff, a few hero students I've worked with, and my brother."

"Thank you very much, I'm sorry if that seemed a bit invasive. I'll make sure to keep that information in mind. Have a good evening, Miss Oyama."

Standing to give him a slight bow, she smiled. "You too."

Left alone once again, the blonde quickly put Asui's files away and packed up her notes into her bag. Making sure that the infirmary was cleaned and stocked, she flipped the lights off and made her way through the empty UA halls. 

A slight chill rolled down her back, and she pulled her bag closer. Walking in an empty school never felt right, but this seemed like something more. A sense of worry and foreboding began to weigh on her shoulders, but as she walked, nothing stood out. 

Keiko began to sing quietly under her breath, a light blue faintly falling from her lips as she worked to calm herself down. There was no reason to worry she told herself.