oOo 13 oOo

He glanced over to the blonde girl at his side, his lips pulling into a small smirk. It quickly disappeared when he noticed the carefree look on her face.

He didn't understand it. The blonde was a mystery to him and he didn't like that. The things she did just didn't make sense at times. There was something about her that was slowly driving him crazy. He absolutely had to find out what was in her head.

"You need to learn how to fight," he said, not looking at her.

"You think so?" she mumbled, glancing up at him. "I've thought about it, but Shoji refuses to teach me."

He scoffed. "He's a fucking idiot then. Someone as weak as you is gonna end up dead if you continue without some kind of defense."

The words left a bitter taste in his mouth. Glancing at the girl again, he noticed how seriously she was taking his words. An image of her body laying still in some alley flashed through his mind. A low growl escaped him.

"You're probably right," she chuckled, scurrying to keep up as he led the way to his house.

"Of course I fucking am!"

It wasn't much longer before they were walking up to the door of his house. After checking to make sure his parents weren't home, he unlocked the door and pushed his way in.

"Pardon the intrusion," Keiko hesitantly called out as she closed the door behind her.

"No one's here," he answered, slipping off his shoes to wander into the living room. He carefully watched her follow after him and place her bag on the table in front of them.

She pulled out a small first aid kit and opened it up, pulling out her antibiotic and a roll of bandages.

"Why the hell do you carry that around?" The words slipped out before he could stop them.

She shot him a look. "In case someone gets hurt. Just recently I was certified to act in an emergency situation until emergency services arrive."

He stared at the girl in shock, more questions filling his mind about the girl. There wasn't anything for him to do but stare at her as she took his hand. He didn't feel any pain, yet she was so adamant about doing something. The callouses on his hands had been there for years from the training and fights he went through.

It had been quite some time since someone was so worried about the injuries he ended up with.

"So, why the hell would you come here to live with your brother?" he found himself asking. For some reason he found himself oddly aware of the way her hands were on his.

"Asking the big questions first, huh?" she mumbled, pausing after putting the antibiotic on his hand. "When I was around seven my parents packed up and took me out to the country, and we left Shoji here with an uncle. I hardly saw my brother until recently. We lived out there until this year. It was rather sudden, but I woke up one morning to find they had died in their sleep."

His eyes widened and he regretted asking. She continued to work on his hand, slowly wrapping his knuckles.

"I was kind of a mess," she chuckled. "I didn't have a way to contact Shoji or any of our other relatives. I don't know how he found out, but he arrived that night. After the funeral and we got things settled, I moved in with him."

He couldn't stop himself from scoffing. "What kind of parents leave one child but take the other?"

Katsuki didn't like the look on her face. He wanted to shut his mouth and bring back whatever atmosphere they had earlier. As she let a small smile land on her face, he felt himself freeze.

"That's my fault," she answered, finishing his hand. "But uh, I'm sure you don't want to listen to-"

He felt both satisfied that he was getting something from her and wanting to stop the conversation. He watched as she quickly packed her things away. His eyes narrowed as he noticed the small tremor to her hands.

"If you wanna talk about shit, you better start before I change my mind."

Her head whipped towards him. Her eyes were wide as she looked at him in shock.

"Oi! I'm being pretty damn considerate right now, so stop giving me that fucking look!" he suddenly snarled. "Either start talking or stop acting so damn pathetic, dumbass!"

Keiko jumped at his sudden outburst, frantically nodding. He seemed to relax slightly, slumping into the couch.

"As you probably figured out, my Quirk can be pretty dangerous. A few years after I had gotten my Quirk, Shoji was left in charge of watching me while my parents had to go to work. He was pretty upset and decided to hang out with some friends instead. While he was gone, our house was broken into. I got pretty hurt, but luckily Shoji showed up and fought them off. It seemed like he knew them... But when my parents found out they were really upset."

She paused, and glanced at him, oddly calm to be repeating such a memory. She rubbed her arm before speaking up again.

"It's really hard for me to recognize faces, and since I was physically very weak, they decided it would be safer to move from the city. As you've told me before, I'm still pretty weak."

He nodded, slowly taking everything she had told him. Staring at her, he stood and held out his hand.

"Alright. Get up," he demanded. "I'm teaching you some basics."

She stumbled to her feet and followed him out into his backyard. Katsuki found himself amused at how she didn't once argue or whine as he tried to teach her some basics. At times he began to lose him temper, but not once did she try to argue with him.

"What the hell was that?!" he spat, holding his palm out towards her. "There's no way in hell you'll hurt me so actually hit me!"

She flinched but nodded, only for him to shake his head and retract his arm.

"Attacking obviously isn't going to work for you," he sighed. "You're better off defending."

"A-Alright," she responded, relaxing her posture.

"Grab something to drink and then I'll walk you home," he basically growled, approaching the door.

"Ah- Katsuki, I never did thank you for today," she called out as they walked through the door.

"Whatever Blondie," he shot back. "I wouldn't have to teach you if your damn brother would do his job."

"Katsuki, mind introducing us to your friend?"

Both teens froze as they looked to see who she could only assume were Katsuki's parents. His mother looked very much like his son, and she easily recognized the voice.

"H-Hello, Mrs. Bakugou," she spoke up after hearing Katsuki click his tongue.