oOo 20 oOo

The sound of heavy breathing filled the air alongside frantic and scattered footsteps. Her lungs and throat burned, but she couldn't stop. Tears blurred her already spotty vision, and people muttered curses under their breath as she shoved past them.

She wouldn't stop- she couldn't.

Her blonde hair was coming undone, the strands a scattered mess that she didn't have the time to fix. Seafoam eyes were open wide as Keiko continued to run. The city was in ruins, so she didn't stand out too much.

Bile rose in her throat as she pressed her palm against her side. The wet heat was not a good sign at all. There was no time- she might be out of time without knowing.

As she rushed further and further from the disaster zone, there was no choice but to retreat into some of the less used streets. Keiko didn't want to, in fear of the shadows and what she knew could be waiting. But she couldn't be stopped.

Everything was a blur. She had water and protein bars in her bag, which she quickly used while still moving, not wanting to risk stopping for any length of time. By now the sun had rose into the sky, and she couldn't tell how long exactly it had been. She had lost her phone somewhere, and her head was swimming too badly to try and look up at the sun. She couldn't ask anyone either. They were after her. 

"Look over there!"

"Where's a hero? She looks like she needs help!"

"Over here!"

Her vision was blurring as she stumbled against the wall of a building. A shot of pain raced through her, and she kept pressure on her side. She wasn't sure if that was the only wound she had. She had fallen more than once, and climbing through rubble had lead to more than one close call. 

"Thank god! There's a young girl over there, she looks like she got attacked!"

Keiko pushed off of the wall, and continued to keep moving. She couldn't stop. They could be right behind her for all she knew. It was clear to her that she had lost a significant amount of blood, but Keiko needed to get to someone she could trust. She had to tell-

"Keiko?!" The loud exclamation of her name could only be two people. She couldn't risk it. "Keiko, the hell?!"

Her eyes widened, and she paused, recognizing the voice. Slowly, she turned around. She couldn't recognize the two figures approaching. It sounded like Katsuki, but it didn't look like him. She was tense as they drew closer, until her eyes latched onto the chest of a familar hero costume.

Quickly, she hurried towards them, eyes wide with panic and regret. "Katsuki, it's-it's you, r-right?" she croaked, her voice already past it's limit. 

"Yeah, dumbass! What are you doing out here," he spat, closing the distance much faster than his companion. His eyes widened as he took in her state. "What the- what happened? Do you have other injuries than your side? Eyes on me."

Being close enough to see his face, the sight of Katsuki seemed to break what little wall she had built up to stop herself from breaking down again. Tears raced down her face, blurring her vision once again.

"Bakugou, she needs help," his companion urgently stated. She assumed it was Best Jeanist, but it could have been one of his sidekicks and she wouldn't trust one of them just to be safe. 

"Katsuki, he's coming. They wanted me there, but I got- I got away, but he- Shoji's..." she babbled, running on fumes. Keiko began coughing, her arm instantly freckled with red spots. She opened her mouth to try again, but was met with another fit and more blood.

"Keiko, that bastard brother of yours isn't going to do shit. I'm here, and he sure as hell ain't getting past me," the blonde spat. "I'm taking you to get help."

"Bakugou, let's take her to the agency. A doctor will be waiting," the other man said. "I'm going to inform the school- the two of you will have many questions to answer."

He nodded and watched as his mentor gently lifted her into his arms and took off, trying not to jostle the injured girl any more.

Keiko was silent as Katsuki raced next to Best Jeanist, tears still falling as she held a hand againt the wound in her side. 

He could see the agency just a few blocks away.

"Hey, don't you fucking dare disappear on me," he cursed under his breath. "You better say something, shitty girl."

"Katsuki," she breathed, her voice scratchy and weak. 

"Ya?"

"I'm scared." He glanced at the girl, easily noticing that she was growing pale. Her eyes were half open.

"The hell are you scared for? I'm going to be the best, so just stick with me."

She passed out as he stormed through the doors. They laid her down and the two followed her to the doctor, no one saying anything at their presence.

He wasn't complaining.

Without thinking he grabbed her hand, holding it as he stared at her for any signs of waking up again.

A nurse began to look at the wound on her side as they traveled through the halls. When her fingers brushed against the skin, Keiko's eyes flew open with a shout. She clamped down onto his hand before going limp once again. He was quickly pushed to the side to make room for another healer.

Not sure whether to be fuming or worried, Katsuki began to pace before making his way out to meet with his mentor. His crimson eyes glared as he walked the halls, only to be greeted with the sight of many pro heroes, including a few of the ones that had been involved in the Hosu attack the night prior.

Had she been in Hosu? And just how long had she been running?

"Bakugou, good. We have a few questions," Aizawa spoke up, instantly noticing the boy's presence. "Do you know how Oyama could have gotten involved in the Hosu attack?"

The blonde moved forward, glare not faltering. "Yeah, that bastard brother of hers. Fucker's probably connected to that damn league."

The pro's shared a look.

"We feared as much," Aizawa explained. "There were reports that heroes in the area saw a purple mist slowing confusing any Nomu and blocking dangerous locations, as well as orange lightning that restored Hero's focus and energy.

Katsuki scoffed. "Her brother doesn't know shit about how her quirk works. So she could sing to hurt those fuckers and help heroes and they wouldn't have known until it was too late."

Best Jeanist nodded. "We will need to question her once she wakes up."

"I wouldn't count on it," Katsuki stated. "Drawback of her Quirk- that shitty girl looses her voice for a day or so. Who knows how fucking long if it was all across Hosu."