oOo 3 oOo

"He's going to kill me," she sighed. After taking one last look around, she gave up on finding him after seeing a young man, who was not her brother, on a run.

Keiko pulled out her phone, and dialed the only working contact she had. Holding the small device up to her ear, the endless ringing met her. Until it clicked and a familiar voice spoke.

"The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone." Her shoulders slumped, the silence on that road suddenly overbearing.

"Shoji, where are you? I-I heard, no felt a big tremor, but you-you weren't there. Are you okay? Please call-call me back..."

Keiko sighed, ready to hang up her phone when a sudden click reached her ears followed by his voice.

"What are you going on about?" he demanded. Startled, she jumped and dropped her phone. She tried to catch it again, but when she picked it up from the ground, the screen had gone black.

"Crap," she groaned, stuffing the useless device in her pocket. Without much to do, Keiko decided to try and retrace her steps. It was worth a shot. She turned around and started to walk away when she noticed a figure with dark brown hair looking around.

Her eyes lit up as she tried to reach the figure on the other side of the road. That was, until she was tackled to the side. Opening her seafoam eyes, Keiko stared up at a boy around her age. His face blushed, and he quickly stood up, pulling the girl to her feet as well.

"You nearly walked right in front of a car," the boy said. His dark green hair was crazy, and his eyes were on her. The blush on his face didn't fade.

"I'm sorry, I thought I saw..." she trailed off, the figure gone. "Ah, it doesn't matter. Thank you for helping me."

"No problem. Um, my name's Izuku Midoriya."

"Keiko Oyama."

"Nice to meet you!" he nearly shouted. Keiko flinched slightly, but gave him a bright smile.

"Same to you, Midoriya." Keiko looked around, quickly spotting a bench.

"Well, I better get going. Be safe," the boy said, starting to run once more. With a small wave, Keiko sat down on the bench.

She didn't want to risk walking into the street again, so rather than try and make it back on her own, the blonde was going to do what Shojiro had always told her to do. Stay in one spot. Keiko leaned back into the seat, her hands quickly tying her hair up again.

There was no doubt that Shojiro was going to strangle her for this.

"Um, are you waiting on someone?" Keiko looked up, to see Midoriya making his way back over to her, from the opposite direction he left. She blinked, deciding that he must have ran the block.

"Huh? Oh, yes."

"Okay. It just seemed like you were lost," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, I kind of am." Noticing his confused look, Keiko started to explain. "I'm new to the city, so I don't know my way around yet."

"How is the person you're waiting for going to find you?" he asked, sitting down.

"Once he notices I'm not home, he can use his quirk."

Midoriya's eyes widened. "Is he a hero? That's so cool! What's his quirk? Is it some kind of tracing or maybe a type of telekinesis?"

The blonde jumped at his sudden questions, her eyes widening. "Um... I guess you c-could say it was... like, uh, tracking, but..."

As if noticing her shock, Midoriya snapped out of his fanboy state. He gave the girl another sheepish smile.

"Shoji doesn't really like talking about his quirk," she finally mumbled. It was almost a taboo in her family to talk about it.

"Oh, I see."

"Besides, I'm going to have to tell him about this!" she said, pep suddenly back in the girl. "He said he works at a bar, I think he'll be pretty happy to hear that someone thinks he could be a hero!"

"What about you, Oyama?"

"Feel free to call me Keiko."

"Okay. What about your Quirk?"

Keiko tilted her head slightly as she thought. "It's supposed to be a rather big secret, but I'm not sure why. Besides, you seem like too good of a person to tell anyone!" Too say the least, Midoriya was startled by her remark, questioning just how innocent and naive she was.

"You-you don't need to tell me-" he tried to say, but she shook her head.

"It's fine. I think it's really a matter of how my parents both have ghost-quirks."

"What?"