oOo 17 oOo

Things seemed to calm down despite the chaos happening. The hero students were preparing to go off on internships, having a few weeks of downtime to choose which hero they would be going with and continue with their studies.

It wasn't a surprise to hear that Katsuki would be interning with Best Jeanist, as the hero was rather far up in the hero rankings. Keiko almost felt a bit jealous when spending time with her small group of hero students as they talked about the heroes they would be with and what they hoped to see. It took her a bit to remember that she had been doing the same thing with Recovery Girl for quite a while now. Her case was a bit different of course, but that didn't stop Mina and Kaminari from asking her all sorts of questions.

She continued to meet up with Katsuki after school, the blonde having gotten more agressive about teaching her how to spar or at the very least defend herself.

Keiko supposed it was her fault, having brought up the idea of combat lessons around her mentor. The staff agreed rather easily to putting her in lessons and possibly adding her in some hero course excersizes. With her powerful healing quirk, it was only a matter of time until she got wrapped up in an attack.

That was how she found herself standing in front of Class 1-A as Mr. Aizawa talked to a few students right before school let out for the day. More specifically, he asked if any students would be interested in sparing lessons and was cut off by Katsuki angrily stating that he was already teaching her the basics.

"Oi, focus blondie or else I'm gonna hit you," Katsuki snarled, drawing her from her thoughts.

Standing in one of UA's training grounds, she nervously faced her blonde friend, trying her very best to ignore Mr. Aizawa and the others standing a bit away.

"R-Right!"

Taking note that she was paying attention once again, Katsuki adjusted his stance from the more relaxed positon he had taken. His eyes burned into her as he watched her movements carefully, knowing that she had already made quite a bit of progess working with her brother.

Her seafoam eyes stared right back into his as she tried to calm her breathing. Katsuki was strong and he knew her movements very well, but her brother was a monster when he saw she was serious about learning self defense. Shoji had taught her how to block and dodge some really strong hits, so she wasn't quite as afraid of fighting the blonde in front of her as she would have been a while ago.

All of the eyes on her would be her downfall. She felt too nervous to make the first move, not that she would do it on a normal day.

"Eyes on me!"

He lunged forward, still a formidable opponent without his quirk, causing Keiko to let out a small squeak as she ducked under his arm and shoved her elbow back towards his ribs. Not feeling it connect, she used the momentum to spin back around and push yet another punch away from her face.

The others watching didn't matter. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of the hero's in training but she knew that Katsuki would hit her if she didn't keep on track. A voice in the back of her head knew that he wouldn't really hurt her, but she'd learned her lesson more than once about zoning out when he was training her.

Out of habit from fighting with his quirk, he lunged towards her, one palm outstretched while the other was pulled back for a punch. Recognizing this, she quickly stepped to the side and grabbed his wrist twisting it into a familiar arm lock her brother was fond of before using his own momentum to knock him down.

Already breathing heavily, she attempted to recall how to pin the stronger boy down, but in her hesitance he quickly shoved her off. Katsuki stood, getting back into a fighting stance but waiting to see how if or how she would get to her feet.