oOo 4 oOo

Keiko looked at Midoriya, her eyes quickly looking over the boy. He seemed to have good morals, and was pretty fit. Judging by his love of quirks and heroes, he must be trying to become one. To her, the boy seemed like he was trustworthy, and could prove to be a good ally.

"Most people say that they're Quirkless, but I've never believed that to be the case. I think that there are Quirks that don't manifest like all of the other ones. Like, if a person can read minds or hear thoughts, but they never tell anyone, people might think their quirkless because it wouldn't maifest like other quirks."

"I-I've never thought about it like that..." The boy seemed to be taking her words much more seriously than many others.

"Anyways, my quirk was dubbed, Siren's Call." Midoriya's eyes widened, and she could see the thoughts racing through his head.

"That sounds like it could be rather dangerous," he finally said. She chuckled.

"I guess you could say that."

The two sat in a peaceful silence, the city oddly empty around them. Keiko looked around, taking in every detail possible. There was without a doubt more danger in the city than the country, but she had to admit it was beautiful. The buildings and people, the animals that scurried around...

Keiko suddenly faced the boy, worry on her face. "I'm not keeping you from something, am I?"

Midoriya shook his head, watching as she quickly relaxed. "I was just going for a run. I have to stay in shape to keep up at U.A."

"You go to U.A.? That's cool! Are you on the Hero track?" she asked, her seafoam eyes wide.

"Yeah, I've actually got a hero mentoring me..." he quietly said.

"I'm sure you'll become a great hero one day!"

The two sat in silence, Keiko continuing to look around. Midoriya found himself looking at the girl every once in awhile, perplexed at her personality and actions.

Suddenly, Keiko felt something wrap around her foot. She was abruptly pulled from the bench, where she landed on the sidewalk with a groan. She sat up and looked at the ground to see a small creature made of shadows holding onto her foot.

"Oh my gosh- Are you okay? What- I'm sorry! What happened?!" Midoriya said, standing up, unsure of what to do.

"That was mean," she sighed, shooing the creature from her foot. It remained attached to her shadow, but allowed her to stand. "I'm fine, thank you Midoriya. My brother should be here soon."

"I'm not sure I understand, but that's good news."

"Can you see our shadows?" Keiko gestured to the shadows on the sidewalk before raising her leg. The imp like creature held onto her leg, startled at the sudden movement. As soon as she sat down on the bench it pulled her off it.

"Can you not be so rude?" she questioned the creature, growing annoyed as it moved to attack Midoriya.

"That's re-" The boy was cut off as he too was pulled to the sidewalk. "That's really cool. But, um... is it doing that on purpose?"

"I think so... They kind of have a mind of their own at times," Keiko answered honestly. "Shoji probably released a few to try and track me down. I'm so screwed when he shows up."

"That's right, you are in a load of trouble Keiko." Shojiro appeared from behind the bench. "What the hell happened to staying in the house?"

"I tried to tell you, I felt a tremor. I-I was worried-"

"You were worried? Damn it, do you know how much I was freaking out when they couldn't find you at the house?" He pulled the girl to her feet, glaring down at her. "I didn't know what happened to you... Who's this?"

Shojiro looked over at Midoriya who was staring at him. The two boys stared at each other for awhile, until they both awkwardly looked over at Keiko. She blinked before helping Midoriya to his feet.

"Shoji, this is Midoriya. He made sure I wasn't lost and waited for you with me. He also stopped..." Keiko trailed off, trying to avoid telling her brother about her near car accident.

"Kei..." he murmured, voice deadly.

"He might have stopped me from walking in front of a car again..." she reluctantly complied.

Her brother stood there, his hair casting shadows over his face. A small grin grew on his face, until he reached out and pinched her cheeks. He pulled, ignoring her pleas for him to stop.

"When are you going to stop walking into the street without looking?" he snapped. He let go of her face, turning away from the blonde..

"I'm sorry..."

He let out a sigh. "Don't worry about it, I already knew you were quite the dumbass."

"Shoji!"

"Anyways, thank you for looking after my sister, Midoriya. I really appreciate it."

"Oh, yeah. No problem," the boy responded. "Oh, Keiko. I'll give you my number in case you ever need a tour."

Keiko stared at the boy for a moment. He had been so nervous as awkward not too long ago.

"My phone is kind of broken..." she said.

"What?" Shojiro exclaimed. Keiko cautiously pulled her phone put and handed it to her brother. He sighed at the sight of the broken screen before pulling of the case. The back of the phone was popped up, the battery not in place. He pushed it back together and the screen lit up.

"Dumbass..." he muttered once more before handing the phone to Midoriya.

"Could you stop cursing?" Keiko curtly asked.

"As soon as you find where you hid your brain."

With a groan, Keiko took her phone back and tucked it away. She gave Midoriya a bright smile.

"It was nice to meet you Izuku!" she chirped.

"Y-yeah... See you around." Midoriya watched as the two began to walk away. The shadow imp let go of his leg to hurry and catch up with them. He noticed that Shojiro's arm was pointing towards the creature. It scurried closer and disappeared into his shadow.

"Oh! Midoriya said you could make a good hero!" He could hear her voice as she talked amicably with her brother. Even at a distance Midoriya could see as he stiffened, before laughing it off.

Midoriya began to run again, his mind constantly returning to the two siblings. Something about Shojiro threw him off. Not to mention how familiar his Quirk seemed. He found himself standing at the bench once again.

It was then that it hit him.

But he wasn't worried about the man walking away. He was more worried about Keiko. Did she know?