CHAPTER-TWENTY NINE

Habib burst into the study room in anger.

" WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! " He shouted at the man before him " How could you Faisal?"

Faisal exhaled loudly "Look, I don't have time for your lectures. Instead of thanking me before you fall victim, you're here screaming your lungs out "

Habib's vein popped out. He was so enraged that he threw the first fist at Faisal's face. He was satisfied When he heard a crunching sound.

" That's for being so stupid." He shouted at Faisal" What the hell are you trying to save me from? Kalthum is such a nice girl that I don't like to see her hurt but here you are, my brother, you are the one responsible for hurting her. How could you? What harm has she done to you for Allah's sake Faisal? "

Faisal held his jaw in pain. He winced slightly as he was about to talk. He glared at Habib " Don't ever dare throw a punch at me! I don't care what you think about her. She is here to deceive all of us and she ended up doing that. Thank God I was able to catch her before it was too late "

Habib clenched his hand. He looked at his brother in disappointment. What is he talking about?

" what do you mean? "

Faisal acted calm and collected. He went over to his desk then took his phone and handed it over to Habib " See for yourself"

Habib grabbed the phone. What he saw was a picture of Kalthum and a particular guy. The first picture was of Kalthum and the man talking, the next looked like they were hugging, the third was when the guy opened his car door for her and the last one was when she was getting out of the car at the front of their house. He furrowed his brows.

" Don't tell me you acted foolish just because of these pictures? "

Faisal snorts" These aren't just pictures. This guy was the same man I saw in a hotel a few months ago with Kalthum. The same man whose wife pounced on her "

" Subhanallah Faisal! Don't tell me you've already judged her just because of these pictures. I can't believe you are so foolish! "

Faisal glared at him " Don't forget that I'm still your elder brother. You don't get to talk to me like that. You can believe whatever you want to believe but don't come here shouting at me "

" I'm very disappointed in you. I can't believe that you can be easily swayed to believe shit. You didn't ask for her side of the story! "

Faisal shrugged and then went to sit on his chair " Who cares about her story? The worst she could do was to shed her crocodile tears. I won't allow her to deceive me.NEVER! "

Habib wished he could pounce on him right now. He was acting as if he wasn't affected but Habib knows his brother, there must be a side of him that is regretting right now but he will never utter it.

" Today you just showed me that you're the same as our parents. After all, it's their blood running in your veins" he shook his head disappointed" You've lost every ounce of respect I have for you as a brother."

Faisal looked at him surprised "Just because of Kalthum? For Allah's sake, I'm your brother "

Habib shook his head "Yes you are my brother but now I don't think this man standing before me is the brother I know. Just mark my words, Faisal, you'll regret what you did to Kalthum. That girl doesn't deserve this "

" I don't care. If you like go with her. Just get out of my study room. OUT! "

" Fine " Habib nodded " I'll go now"

Habib turned around and went out of the door without looking back.

Faisal felt another pang in his chest. He felt another loss for the second time today. He took a book and flung it across the room in anger. He groaned loudly and dropped his head on his desk.