CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Basma waited for his response but she got no surprise, instead, he just gave a curt nod and then left.

Kalthum could finally breathe freely.  While he was here, her breath kept hitching here and there.

After Sir Faisal was far from the listening ear, Basma turned her burning stare on Kalthum who also matched her gaze.

" why are you looking at me like that? " Kalthum asked with folded arms.

Already Basma had ended the call with their mother the moment she saw Sir Faisal standing.

" What were you two talking about?" Basma eyed her

" it's none of your business "

" of course, it's my business! Have you forgotten that I'm your guardian here? and that means I should know everything about your movement in this house "

Kalthum let out a sarcastic laugh " Really now? And since when did you become my guardian? Last I checked you said you don't want anything to do with me so what changed? "

Basma huffed "You don't get to ask me that "

" look Basma, I'm sure you're here to hand over your phone to me cos mom had called, right? You've got no right to ask any questions and don't you worry, I'll give Mom a call" Kalthum left a fuming Basma.

Basma wasn't having it, so she ran to attack Kalthum from the back which resulted in her fall. Basma pounced on her with every fiber in her, she was seeing red.

Kalthum who just recovered from the sudden fall, finally overpowered her sister. She also pounced on Basma the same way she was pounced on. Kalthum was tired of being the bigger person, she was tired of making Basma walk all over her. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

" you don't get to beat me like that. I'm tired of all your shenanigans. I'm tired of trying to make you understand and I'm tired of letting you control me. I don't know who you are anymore!" Kalthum said each word with all the anger she had in her.

" WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE! "

The two sisters freeze in their position. Basma quickly pushed Kalthum away from her body. Kalthum quickly stood up

" Ma"

" what is all this rubbish?" umm Rasheed asked confused

Basma saw that as an opportunity to act like the victim. She broke down in tears all of a sudden " Nanny, you saw what happened. I don't know what came over my sister. She has been attacking me since we started working here. She treats me like her junior sister when in fact I'm the senior one. Please help me, nanny, please take her away from me, from us. Her anger issue is becoming something I don't understand anymore. At home, we thought she was going to change after coming here but instead, the situation kept worsening. Please help me, Nanny "

Since Kalthum was the one on top of Basma when Nanny came, her lies look believable.

" is that right Kalthum? " Nanny asked sternly

" i-i -i

" you see what I'm talking about nanny? She also can't believe what she has done. She needs help "

Kalthum was short of words. She just couldn't comprehend What was going on. Was her sister indirectly calling her a psycho?

" That's not true " Kalthum finally found her words " I'm not crazy, believe me, Umm Rasheed"

Umm Rasheed huffs " I don't even know what to believe anymore but what I'm sure about is, I'll deal with the two of you tomorrow morning " she dismissed