Chapter 42

~Day 34~

"I cannot believe you talked me into this," I uttered looking out of the windshield of Liam's car.

"Oi, that excited to meet my family?"

"Yes, I am! But you only gave me 20 minutes notice, I needed more time to prepare!" I stammered, my leg bouncing up and down as we sat in the driveway of Liam's parent's house. He reached his hand over and set it on my thigh with a reassuring squeeze.

"Ronnie, they loved you 14 years ago, they'll love you now," He emphasized making me nod my head unsurely. He hadn't even met my father yet but I had somehow agreed to meet his parents over dinner with barely enough time to throw on a decent outfit and do my hair. "Well, let's go then," Liam said while unlocking his door but not mine making me pout. He stood up out of the car, shutting his door before coming over to mine to open it like he had done countless times before.

"We need a safe word," I said quickly making Liam's eyes go wide by what I could have possibly meant by that. "No-get your mind out of the gutter," I reprimanded, standing up to swat him on the shoulder. "We need a secret word in case I need to get you alone for a few minutes to compose myself," I explained making him nod his head with a smirk.

"Bollocks."

"You want me to say the word bollocks in front of your parents? Are you insane?!" I scolded as he wrapped his arms around me laughing out loud.

"I was only joking Ronnie, you really are nervous."

"Of course I am! And I am not about to say the word bollocks in front of your parents and make a bad impression!"

"How about the word handsome so you can use it to describe how absolutely adored you are to me?" He smirked making me roll my eyes.

"I'm going to say butterfly and that's final," I argued with a small smirk making Liam lean down and kiss me on the lips gently. I smiled up at him letting my worries leave me for a moment, enjoying the feeling of being surrounded by his arms.

"Alright, show time," Liam smiled above me, taking my hand in his and leading us up to the front doorstep. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest as we walked up the steps and Liam knocked on the door. He opened it immediately, shouting out to his parents to let them know we were there. His parents rounded the corner engulfing him in a large hug with huge smiles on their faces.

"Liam! We've missed you so much how are you doing?!" His mother beamed, squeezing him tightly.

"Doing well mum, this is Ronnie, my girlfriend," Liam said introducing me as he let go of his mother. It was the first time I had ever heard him say those words out loud which made me melt inside. Trying to keep my composure and act like it didn't affect me as much as it did, I looked over to his mother as she turned to me with a smile reaching out her arms.

"Cameron, so nice to see you again!" She smiled wrapping her arms around me in a welcoming hug and calling me by my full name rather than the nickname Liam gave me. 

"It's nice to see you again too Karen," I replied giving her a small squeeze before backing away. Liam's dad came over next giving me a hug as well and introducing himself. After our 'hellos' Liam looked over at me with a small smile reaching an arm around my back to pull me closer. We spoke briefly about how Liam hadn't been home for more than a day in nearly 3 years, much to his mother's dismay, so she was very excited to have him back, even if it was just for dinner.

"Well I made the most wonderful roast and it just came out of the oven! Let's go get your plates started!" Karen said after our conversation trickled off, ushering us into the kitchen so we could start building our plates. I pulled my coat off and wrapped it around the back of a chair at the dining table, Liam doing the same before making our way into the kitchen. The counter tops were piled with tons of food: mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and more. Liam and I looked at each other with wide eyes, excited to dig in to what looked like a meal I'd only get on Christmas.