Chapter 5

~Day 11~
The past week of training camp has been nothing but constant repetition. Just going over everything we learned at our first boot camp made me wonder if we were even making progress. 

We started our week off working on CPR dummies and had to pass a couple of tests to move on to the next steps. I honestly don't think I did a good job on some of the tests but I was passed anyways...as usual.

"Take your seats, take your seats." Major Payne called out as we filed into the auditorium. I was one of the last ones in seeing I didn't want to get in the middle of a group of rowdy boys, and the only seat left was front and center when I got inside. I walked over slowly and sat down realizing Payne would be only five feet away from me for this entire seminar. Great

"I just have to do role call." He said mainly to himself as he scanned around the room looking for everyone.

He went through the list fairly quickly until he stopped and scanned each row until he got to the front and made eye contact with me. I guessed he had been looking up in the back first because that was where I had sat previously this week. 

He then quickly winked at me before writing something down. My mouth dropped open as I looked to my right and left to see if anyone had seen that but everyone was too into their own conversations.

"Alright settle down." He said as pulled out his pointer stick and slapped it against the whiteboard getting everyone's attention. 

"As you know, in order to pass this training camp you must complete a test at the end of week four." Everyone groaned. The dreaded test. 

"We have been building our training up for that all week and will continue to in the future. Your effort in everything we do here will also be taken into consideration in your passing grade so I advise you to pay attention." He said as he walked back and forth in front of the board, twisting the stick in his hand.

"Today we'll be talking about the fast jet itself and all of its parts. So, anyone know who invented the first fast jet?" He asked as I heard a bunch of the boys groan and lay their heads back. This was going to be a long Friday.

"Alright. You'll be dismissed for dinner in a few moments. Here are your packets to study off of for the test." Payne said as he handed a stack of them to each row. 

"We'll be taking a practice test on Friday for the parts of the jet and if you score a 92% or better you won't have to take the test at the end of week four which combines everything you've learned in all of your training camps." He said as our eyes went wide at such a challenge.

"You have the weekend off but you may not venture outside of the city. There's a bar halfway down the road and a bowling alley on the opposite side. Curfew back here is 1 in the morning. Miss it and you won't be able to leave the building on free weekends. You are dismissed." He said as the entire room became a stampede to get out of the boring hall we had been stuck in for the past four hours.

"Woods." I heard him call out making me curse under my breath. I was so close. I turned back around and walked towards him as he held out a stack of papers to me. 

"I need you to bring these to Horan's office." He said making me look down at them in disgust.

"Why me?" I asked as I took them into my hands slowly.

"Because you're the only one I trust that will get them down there." He replied as he turned around to collect his things. Why couldn't he just deliver these himself?

"You do realize he thinks I sneak away from you all the time, correct?" I asked as he looked back and cocked an eyebrow at me. 

"Like the time I went to breakfast early or when I had to work with Malik's department-" I tried explaining but he cut me off hearing enough.