Chapter 36

~Day 15~

I was woken up to sun blinding me in the eyes. While squinting I could see the sun blasting through the cracks in the curtains making me roll over and knock into something. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes to see Liam laying there on top of the covers. Just then my eyes went wide remembering I had stayed over at his house the night before. Upon opening my eyes, I was met with a giant headache making me groan and squeeze them back shut. Almost immediately I heard Liam stirring beside me and sitting up in bed.

"Fuck, I must have fallen asleep," He grumbled, pushing himself off the edge of the bed and walking into the bathroom. I rolled over looking at the clock to see it was 8 in the morning. I sat up on the side of the bed putting my head in my hands. The combination of too much sleep and alcohol for the first time in months was not going to well for me. Liam exited the bathroom looking at me sitting there. "Hey-sorry thought you were still asleep," he apologized probably thinking he woke me up.

"No I've been up, just have a major fucking headache now," I said making Liam smirk.

"Ah the dreaded hangover, I'll get you some ibuprofen," he said walking past me and out the room. I stood up and found my way into the bathroom to change back into my clothes from the night before. I looked in the mirror to see dark circles under my eyes from my rubbed-off mascara and my hair looking like a tangled mess.

"Dear god," I grumbled trying to use some water to rub off the mascara. I used the hair tie on my wrist to pull my hair up in a messy bun before putting my clothes back on. I then realized I most definitely needed to find a way to brush my teeth, so I stole Liam's toothpaste from his drawer and used my finger to try and give my teeth somewhat of a brush. Once I looked somewhat put together I walked back out of the bathroom to see Liam setting a bottle of water and ibuprofen on the nightstand.

"Here, take these and then we can have breakfast," he said pointing to what he had just set on the table before retreating back downstairs. I thanked him taking the 2 pills and turning to walk down the stairs. As I entered the hallway I saw some pictures on the wall and had to take a look out of curiosity. There was a photo of Horan, Malik and Liam at their first boot camp all posing together. There was also Liam's diploma of graduation stating he graduated with "High recognition". I furrowed my eyebrows at it, meaning Liam must have been top of his class just like I had been, never knew that. I eventually made my way downstairs to see Liam standing over the stovetop cooking.

"Hey," I said reaching the bottom of the stairs and walking over to the bar stool to take a seat. He turned around with a smile and I could see he was cooking eggs and bacon. "Can I help you with anything?" I felt bad for how much he had done within in the last 24 hours.

"I'm doing well-I think. Sit there and get rid of your headache," he said turning back around to the food.

"Aye aye sergeant," I joked making him send a playful glare at me. I sat there for a moment before deciding I was going to help. I stood up and walked over to the fridge to grab some orange juice for the both of us. "Where are your glasses?" I asked as Liam pointed to a cupboard above my head. I grabbed out 2 glasses and poured some orange juice for the both of us. I set them on the counter in front of the 2 stools as Liam's phone began ringing in his pocket. He pulled it out putting it up to his ear with a "hello?" before setting it between his shoulder and ear to continue cooking.

"You did? What did you find out?" he said signalling to me that it was either Horan or Malik on the phone. I walked over to him gently setting my hand on his back and taking the spatula from him, nodding my head to the side to tell him to go talk somewhere. "Thank you," he mouthed putting the phone in his hand and walking up the stairs to finish his call. I cooked the rest of the bacon and scrambled the eggs, setting them on the plates Liam had set out. I placed them by the glasses of orange juice and dug through all his drawers until I finally found the forks. I felt awkward sitting down to eat without him so I found some bread on the counter and decided to make some toast too. As I popped the toast out of the toaster Liam came bounding back down the stairs.