Chapter 40

~Day 31~

Liam had been gone for about half an hour when I finally locked my phone and threw it on my lap. I had been sitting there busying myself with a game on my phone while he went in for questioning. It was absolutely nerve-wracking and I had finally tired myself out from playing solitare. I placed my head in my hands starting to feel jet-lagged from the long flight.

"Cameron Woods?" a male voice said, rounding the corner and appearing in front of me. He had orange buzzed hair and blue eyes.

"That's me."

"Nice to meet you Woods, I'm Detective Ferris, I've been assigned to your case." Thank god. He stuck his hand out for me to shake as I stood up.

"Nice to meet you too," I said as he guided me back around the corner he came from. We walked down a small hallway into a small room with a table and two chairs. We sat down on either side of the table facing each other.

"Alright, well as you know, we're reopening your case, so I would just like to hear your story again of what happened up in the air," he explained making me nod my head and try to remember every single detail without changing my story. I explained it to him, it almost taking 30 minutes in total due to some questions he had. Afterwards he filtered through the stack of papers on the table before turning to a page. "Well, your story lines up again, so thank you for that it makes my job a lot easier," he said making me chuckle. I was so glad I didn't get stuck with that other investigator again, hopefully he was being nice to Liam. "Alright, so with some new evidence uncovered in your case I need to ask you some more detailed questions."

"Ok, shoot," I said taking a sip of my water.

"You stated you believe the cause of your crash was a missile attack. What color was the missile?"

"Black."

"Did it have any markings on it?"

"No, none that I could see. I only got a quick glance at it," I said trying to remember if there were any distinct symbols on the missile that I could've missed.

"Alright, well I have 3 pictures here, I'm going to lay them all out in front of you and I want you to pick the missile that hit your jet," he explained making me nod my head. He grabbed the 3 pictures out of his portfolio and set them out in front of me. One of them was black with 4 wings surrounding the tail, the second one was black with a red dot on either side, and the third was black with 2 wings on the end but was much smaller than the other two. I contemplated knowing for sure it was one of the 2 black ones, before pointing to the first one.

"Alright, any indicators on why you chose that one?" he said, placing the other two back into his stack.

"Well it was black without markings, and I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to see that short fat one coming at me given its size," I said remembering seeing the length of the missile coming towards us, it was much bigger than the one in the image.

"Awesome, well I want to thank you for coming down here today. That is all the questions I have for you now, I'm going to dismiss you for lunch and we will meet back here afterwards," he explained as I stood up to shake his hand. Upon walking out into the waiting room I saw it was empty making me frown. I was hoping Liam would be there so we could talk about our interrogations, but knew they were probably going to keep us separated.

"You can follow me Woods," one of the guards said as I followed him out the door and into the hallway towards the exit. When we reached outside, the sun was fully up and the tarmac was completely empty, no jets flying in or out which was unusual to see. We walked pretty far across the pavement when I noticed something odd come into view. I squinted trying to see what I was looking at when I realized it was the corner of the base that had been bombed. My eyes went wide see how much damage the base had actually sustained. It was way worse in person. The entire area was roped off and it was covered in black ash.

Altitude ~Liam Payne AU~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें