Chapter 37

~Day 20~

"I feel like I could vomit," I said my hands shaking at my sides. I tried taking deep breaths in and out but I couldn't help feeling nervous, I had never done anything like this before.

"Ronnie you'll be fine," Liam said setting his hand on my shoulder as I looked onto the set. We were less than 2 minutes away from being live on "London on Air" and I was convinced I was either going to shit my pants or run off the stage to vomit. The short white dress I had on didn't give me many cover-up options if either one of those were going to happen either.

"Why did I come up with the idea to do this?" I asked myself making Liam laugh from beside me.

"Liam, Cameron, please go ahead and step onto the set," a crew member ordered from behind us. We walked onto the set greeting the interviewer as we sat down on the couch next to each other across from her. She had long blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing a formal blue dress and blazer.

"Nice to have you Liam and Cameron, I'm Amelia," the interviewer introduced herself shaking both of our hands. "We're just going to ask you a few questions about the crash and what your experience has been since. Does that sound okay?"

"Sounds good," Liam responded as the crew began counting down from behind the cameras.

"3...2...1...you're on!" the crew announced as Amelia turned to the camera with a smile.

"One of the most captivating stories over these past few weeks has been the disappearance of Royal Air Force flyers Liam Payne and Cameron Woods. They are here today in their first television interview to tell us exactly what happened that day and how they got where they are now," she turned to us with a smile before looking down at the notes in her hands. "So, one of the burning questions people have had is how you were able to survive those two weeks on the island. Could you go into detail about how you fought for your survival?" Liam nodded towards me to take the question. I smiled at her before answering.

"Yeah it definitely wasn't easy. We used some survival skills we had learned in training to make a shelter out of sticks and leaves and such. We found bananas, coconuts, and caught fish for food. There was a point when our food sources ran out and we were afraid we wouldn't survive another day." The interviewer looked at me with wide eyes, this being the first time anyone had heard a single detail about what occurred on the island.

"That's absolutely amazing you were able to persevere through such a life-threatening situation. What do you think you would have done if you had been stranded alone?" She asked making me tense up thinking about possibly what my mother may have gone through if she had survived. Liam decided to take the question making me breathe out a sigh of relief.

"It definitely would've been harder. Being able to have someone to talk to provided some normalcy, we were also able to work together to make some life-saving decisions," Liam answered making Amelia nod with a smile.

"So inspiring. Now that you've been back in London for a bit what are your next steps? When will you be transferred back to the RAF?" Here was the question we had been waiting for.

"Yes, so at the moment we are still processing the events that happened. Unfortunately, we will not be resuming our positions in the RAF as we have both been discharged." The interviewer let out a small gasp, not loud enough to be heard in the microphone but loud enough for me to know what I had said was a complete shock. "We believe at this time that the RAF has severely overlooked information about the crash and that we were unfairly discharged, we are going to continue fighting until we are heard," I said ultimately deciding not to let in on the details of the missile attack. Just as I finished I could see a crew member holding up his hands signalling there were only 10 seconds left in the interview.