Life In The Outlands

One year has passed ever since Zira and her lionesses left the Pride Lands to serve their punishment for destroying the Pride Lands. Zira's son Kion has grown into a fine young lion who loves to play with his younger sister Vitani. Zira gave birth to Vitani and Kovu shortly after they left the Pride Lands. While Kion and Vitani loved to play and wrestle with each other Zira noticed that Kovu was always sneaking off and so she sent Kion and Vitani to go after him and see what he was doing. "Vitani what do you think Kovu has been up to?" Asked a curious Kion. "I don't know Kion but I hope it won't jeopardize us going back to the Pride Lands in a year." Replied Vitani. "Yeah me too because mom said that if our exile becomes permanent then King Simba will send someone to take me away and I will never get to see you all again." Said a saddened Kion. "I promise Kion that will not happen and if it does we will not let them take you, we will distract them long enough for you to run and hide." Replies Vitani. "Thank you sis." Said Kion. "No problem big brother I love you and will do anything for you." Remarked Vitani. Meanwhile Kovu is about to step into the Pride Lands because he is supposed to be meeting someone today. "Kovu are you here?" Asked a voice Kovu knew all too well. "Hey Kiara I am here but I don't think I should cross, I do not want my family to suffer for my actions." Replied Kovu. "I see well if you can't cross then I will come to you." Remarked Kiara. "No Kiara if you do that then you will get into a lot of trouble with Simba, I was thinking today we would just talk to each other at Flat Ridge Rock and stay there." Kovu suggested. "Okay Kovu as long as we make sure that we leave with enough time to get home before sunset." Replied Kiara. "So Kovu, who is your friend?" Asked a voice that made Kovu jump. "What are you two doing here?" Questioned Kovu. "Kovu who are these two." Asked Kiara. "Kiara meet my older brother Kion and older sister Vitani." Answered Kovu. "Kion, Vitani this is Kiara she is the reason I have been sneaking away everyday for a while and she is Simba's daughter." Remarked Kovu. "WHAT!" They both yelled in unison. "Kovu you know you could get me in a lot of trouble by doing this right!" Snapple's Kion. "Don't worry Kion I make sure that no one sees me while I am visiting her so you won't get in trouble." Remarked Kovu in a much calmer voice than his brother's. "What do you mean you could get in trouble?" Questioned Kiara. "Well your dad said that if our exile becomes permanent then he will send lionesses to take me away from Kovu, Vitani, and the rest of my family and I will never get to see them again." Answered Kion. "I can't believe my dad would do that, I am going to have a talk with him about that later when I go home tonight." Replied Kiara a little upset at her fathers actions. "No please don't because he will wonder how you found out and that won't end well for me, my family, or you." Replied Kion a little worried. "Fine but once you are welcome here again then I will be talking about it with him, deal?" Questioned Kiara. "Deal, now we better be heading home, you coming Kovu?" Questioned Kion. "Yeah I will be there in a minute, Kion." Replies Kovu. "Okay don't take too long though, Zira may send a search party after you if we come back without you." Replied Vitani. "Wait Zira, as in Scar's wife?" Questioned Kiara. "Yeah why?" Replied Vitani. "Well dad told me that she was evil and destroyed the Pride Lands." Said Kiara a little worried now. "She did but that was before I was born, once I was born she changed and became good and after we left the Pride Lands she gave birth to Kovu and Vitani, we had an older brother named Nuka but he died before Scar stepped down from the throne and it was also before I was born." Replied Kion. "I see well I think I am heading home." Remarked Kiara. "Bye Kiara." Said Kovu. "Bye Kovu, see you later Kion and Vitani." Replies Kiara. "Bye Kiara." Kion said before turning to leave. "Kion were you blushing." Questioned Vitani. "What are you talking about?" Questioned Kion. "Isn't it obvious, you like Kiara, Kion." Remarked Kovu. "What no way, come on we should be heading back home now." Replied Kion as he quickly walked home. "He so likes Kiara." Remarked Vitani. "Yup, I couldn't agree with you more Vitani." Replies Kovu.