Chapter 11: Will You Be My Boyfriend?

Liam POV:

“Hurry up Zayn!”

“I’m coming!”

Zayn was getting another tattoo today, another tattoo. He had so many already. There was his Zap! Tattoo, his card, microphone, boombox, crossed fingers, and his ying yang he was building a sleeve. Zayn was the only guy at our school with tattoo’s and one of the only ones who smoked too. I must admit smoking is bad for you, but Zayn smoking made him even sexier. He rolled down the window as we drove to the parlor and whipped out a cigarette. He was in the middle of lighting it when I turned a corner and a wind blew it out of his hands.

“Fuck!” he swore. I chuckled heartily, he was so cute when he was mad. He sends a glare my way and lights another cigarette, this time making sure he has a tight grip on it.  He breathes in the smoke and holds it in his lungs for a bit before it seeps out the corner of his mouth.

“You wanna try?” he says handing me the cigarette.

“I don’t know if I should.”

We pull up at the parlor, we still had fifteen minutes until the appointment started.

“Here let’s try this instead.”

He inhales, the paper glows as it burns. He leans into me and puts his lips on mine breathing the smoke into my mouth. I feel it going throughout my system, passing through my lungs. He removes his lips from mine and then I exhale. I am surprised I didn’t cough or choke to death. The smokey taste stayed with me for a while, but I kind of liked it. We get out of the car and head into the shop.

“Hey! The 1:00 appointment.”

“For Zayn and Liam?” the artist says.

“WHAT? ZAYN? WHY AM I GETTING A TATTOO?” I yell trying not to sound too afraid.

“Because I already paid from them and I promise you will love them.”

“What are we getting?”

“I am getting a tiny heart with wings . You are getting one too, but your heart and my heart have a different twist.”

“What Zayn….”

“The heart I have will have an “L” in it and yours will have a “Z” in it”

“Zayn I am not doing the cheesy couple tattoo things.”

“The symbols are from a book my grandpa used to read me. They meant “saving grace and guardian angel” I thought it would be suitable considering that you were my saving grace, and your are my guardian angel, you took me in and showed me a side of me I need to see before I could ever be truly content with myself.”

“Zaynie! I would love to get permanently marked with injected ink with you!” I say sound childish, but I can see in his eyes that he is loving every second of it.