Chapter 3: Music Class.

Liam POV:

Louis and I had just sat down in music and I look up to see who just walked through the door, shit it was Zayn.

“Okay class I am going to assign you partners” the teacher said.

“Oh shit” I muttered.

I can’t even imagine being partners with such a hating, homophobic bigot.

“Okay I am going partner you alphabetically.

The teacher went down the list, partnering people up by their last names. When he finally got to my name I knew I would be with an O or another P but no, he put me with the worst of all.

“Liam Payne, you will be partnered with, Zayn Malik.”

“What?” we both blurted at the same time.

“Whatever differences you may have I want a song performed for Monday so you two better get used to each other’s company you will be spending all weekend with him.  Now find your partner and start working!”

I look back to Louis who is with a blonde girl working on their song, she has a guitar and he is writing down lyrics.

“So… what type of song should we write?” Zayn said trying to ease the tension.

“Look buddy I don’t want to be your partner and I am pretty damn sure you don’t want to be mine so lets just work and perform individually, I don’t want anything to do with the like of you.”

“WHOA!  Calm down, I said I was sorry, what more does a guy have to do.”

“First of all just because you apologized doesn’t mean you really meant it, I know you only said sorry so I would let you go, second of all don’t do anything except get some serious psychological help because if you are going to bash people about their sexual orientation for no bloody reason you must be really fucked up in the head.”

He just stood there and quivered, I think I scared him a little bit too much. Momentarily after that he picked up his stuff and left the room, not running but sprinting out of there.

Zayn POV:

“First of all just because you apologized doesn’t mean you really meant it, I know you only said sorry so I would let you go, second of all don’t do anything except get some serious psychological help because if you are going to bash people about their sexual orientation for no bloody reason you must be really fucked up in the head.”

His words were the only thing running through my head, all I could think about was that he was right, I really must be messed up if I am mean to people, little did he know I bullied Louis to really hide that I was like him. But maybe he already knew it, maybe he saw through my tough boy façade?

I ran out of the room holding my books tight to my chest and let the tears stream, I really was a bad person, and he had no problem calling me out on it, worst of all I actually think I have feelings for him.

As I ran through the hall Harry and Niall were on their spare and ran after me after I ignored them.

“Hey Zaynie what’s wrong?” Niall said concerned.

I look up to see both of them taken aback by my state, I had never cried in front of them or in front of anyone I was usually so solid and didn’t let things get to me. But the fact that I secretly cared for Liam was even worse, because his words were the first to break through to me.

“What happened to you?” Harry asked.

“Liam, the new kid.”

“What did the fucker do?” Niall said clenching his fists.

“He told me the truth about myself.”

“What do you mean by that?” they asked.

“He told me that I was a bad person to others because I had not let go of my internal demons, and that I was basically a pathetic waste of human existence.” Maybe that was going to far, he never said that to me but it was how I felt, I was really hurt.

“Is there anything we need to do to him?” Niall asked me.

“No, don’t do anything, I will figure it out on my own.