\\ • //

شوق سے توڑو دل میرا، مجھے کیا حیران کرو گےتم ہی اس میں رہتے ہو، اپنا ہی گھر ویران کرو گے۔

تم ہی اس میں رہتے ہو، اپنا ہی گھر ویران کرو گے۔

◼◼◼◼◼◼

"What did you just say?"

It was thunderous and wild.

His voice had taken a dangerous tilt towards the end of his sentence. Each syllable was enunciated with gritted teeth and a ticking jaw. Hurrem gulped as she saw his intimidating figure now standing on the threshold of his sitting area. His hair was messily tousled as if he had spent hours running his fingers through them. Her thoughts took a wild turn when she remembered the said fingers caressing her face.

Holy Hell.

She was going insane if she was seriously pondering on that at a time like this. Lost in her musings, she didn't hear nor saw him crowding towards her.

Hurrem gulped inaudibly, "I-Izhaan, it was a slip of tongue. I didn't mean it."

She was now standing in her place, grounded in one spot.

Charring rage sizzled through his body like cadaverous poison, howling a demanded release in the form of unwanted chaos. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off him like vicious waves. The ire consumed like, inundating his moralities and destroying the boundaries of propriety.

"What you just uttered wasn't something you didn't imply, Hurrem Izhaan Mir."

Hurrem moved back on unstable feet, her steps slowly retracing as he prowled forward.

Hurrem gulped down the fear spiraling inside of her at the moment for he looked deadly. She didn't miss the hissing undertone in his voice nor did she missed the emphasis he placed on her name.

She found herself plastered against the wall. There was anger brewing in his gaze and she knew he was about to explode.

"Why Hurrem? Why? Do you like torturing me like this!"

For someone reasonable and poised always, it was astounding to see him lose his composure. Izhaan was crumbling and he had no shame in expressing it. From the deep lines on his forehead to the pressed line of his lips, it all was so unblinkingly clear.

Hurrem couldn't say anything as she sought the troubled frown on his face with her deep set of eyes fixated on his every move. The air whirled around them to be stifling and sensual as both stood an inch apart.