\\ • //

◼◼◼◼◼◼

◼◼◼◼◼◼

Somewhere up high, the stars twinkled and the moon shone but they were obscured by the ethereal veil of velvety blackness cast across the London landscape. Whooshing hurriedly, the wind chimed and hissed at the windows of homes. A snow white canvas draped across the houses, where the new-fallen snow had took shelter.

Lining the busy streets were the charcoal outlines of winter trees with icicles hanging from the barren boughs. They had shed their last crimson and scarlet leaves over the summer - lying bare now in the ferocious winter wrath. Lamp posts glowered in the celestial darkness, wrapping around the dark alleys and cobbled streets of London. Faint, golden hue of the light pierced through the mass of fog.

Hurrem stared fixated at the passing scenery, the streets blurred around the edges of her vision as the car glided smoothly across the road. Silence prevailed between her and Izhaan as both were somewhat lost in the recent happenings. Her mind processed and rewinded the angst, the screaming, and the rage between the Mir family and him.

His mother had broken down the news to the rest of the clan before he could. The showdown at the breakfast was no less than an intense scene from a movie. There were a lot of curses thrown, rage spilled and screaming ensued between the grandfather and his grandson. Her family had been there to witness the ongoing argument and her father had tried hard to stop her from leaving with him.

Hurrem remembered how angry Izhaan was when they tried to manipulate her in staying back. His apparent wrath was so frightening to look that she was beyond scared to even utter anything. Her decision was already made and she had no plans on going back on them. His presence had solidified her thoughts and assured her that she had made the right choice.

Hurrem tried to subtly look at him from her peripheral view. He sat peacefully against the leather seat of his posh car - watching the passing scenery with a stagnant face expression. There was so much distance between them to fit in another person in the space. Both of them were reclining at the two far ends of the vehicle.

Hurrem sighed in tiredness and rested her back against the seat. The long journey had been exhausting and gruelling. Her body ached and she could feel the jet lag coming through. All she wanted was to sink herself in a bathtub and sleep for hours. To top it off, she was extremely bored as the silence stretched between the two. Even though, it was her first time in London and she had to an extent enjoyed the blurring view from the car, she still felt the need to have some sort of entertainment.

The car suddenly skidded to a halt.

Hurrem looked at him in confusing dilemma when she saw that the driver had got down and was now standing outside his side, the door open to stand out. Izhaan picked up his blazer from the seat and got out of the car. In the next second, she heard the opening of the door from her side. He stood outside with his palm open towards her.