\\Izhaan • Hurrem//

◼◼◼◼◼◼

◼◼◼◼◼◼

It was the first time he saw her.

She was carelessly twirling, the blooming flowers girded around her angelic frame. She was like a sunflower in the middle of the thorny roses. Her delicate frame was wrapped up in summery, yellow colored dress that flowed down in swirls and patterns. Those thick sable of her hair cascaded down her slender back, those coffee bean eyes stared up at the endless sky.

Izhaan Aagha Mir was left spellbound.

He stopped amidst his path and was captured by the beauty twirling inside her garden. His cell phone was pressed against his ear, someone was saying something from the other side but he was too starstruck to mumble back. His eyes took in her dainty figure, how she flicked away the tendrils on her face. She was unaware of her surroundings, as he kept gazing at her with hooded eyes.

Izhaan was not a believer in miracles and coincidences. But this, seemed like a dream to him. He had never believed in those stories that always spoke about 'love at first sight' or 'butterflies in your stomach'. It was all fiction to him, it didn't happen in real life. He was not cynical but merely didn't believe in those superstitious beliefs.

That was the day he truly fell in love.

The one thing, he didn't believe in - love. He didn't know how or why but it was the purest form of emotion, he had ever felt. Instead, of running away from it, he embraced it. Izhaan was utterly mystified and bewitched by her that day. There was something about her, something that called out to him in yearning. He wanted to reach out and quench that yearning but refrained.

He didn't know whether it was merely attraction towards her or had he really fallen in love. It was hard to believe that thought when all his life he had never entertained that thought or notion. How was this possible? How could the mere presence of this girl make him so obsessed. It made him retract his steps as he thought about it in his mind. Was it really love or simply an attraction? Why was he behaving in such a wanton manner when it concerned her?

Whatever this was, it refused to fade.

Day after day, he saw glimpses of her everywhere. She was in his dreams, she was in the remnants of his broken thoughts, her presence was in his house, her lavender scent sprinkled everywhere around him. She left her mark everywhere she walked or everything she touched but the most potent effect of hers was to his heart. She made her place inside his heart, forever.

Izhaan wasn't aware of what was happening to him suddenly but whatever this change was, he liked it. He liked how he was always aware of her because of her lavender scent, how her whimsical laughter made him happy, how she liked twirling in the garden, the gentle breeze playing with her. He liked how she was always smiling at everyone and everything. Looking at her was like breathing fresh air.

Usko ishq hogaya tha usaay.

The day realization hit him, he wanted to shout it from the rooftop. It was an ecstatic feeling, he wanted to bathe in. He wanted to hold her and declare his love for her. How she made him the happiest man on this planet, how her tiniest things made him smile. There was no time to waste, he knew that.

He wanted to make Hurrem Sufyan Malik his, that day.

In his happiness, he forgot that there's no love story without tragedy. Wo bhool gaya tha kai ishq ka raasta itna asaan nahi. Maybe, that was his grave mistake. He forgot that love cannot be without tribulations and pain. He remembered how euphoric he was that day. The day when he wanted to profess his feelings to the elders so that they can proceed further.

Oh, how the wound was inflicted!

Izhaan Aagha Mir was a force to be reckoned with. A man who thrived on his rigid principles and morals. A man who made everyone quiver in front of him, a man who only knew victory. Magar shikast jabh muqaddar banjaye tou ghutnay taiknay hi partay hain, insaan ko.

Izhaan Aagha Mir was brought to his knees that fateful night.

What could possibly bring Izhaan Aagha Mir to his knees? What was so powerful to wrench him where he never once thought he'd be? What was it?

It was his ishq.

For Hurrem Sufyan Malik was already promised and was to be wedded to his own brother.

Akhir wo ishq hi kiya jo bebas na karday.

◼◼◼◼◼◼

New story in TOL!

Did you like it? Tell me about it?

Bit short but other chapters are going to be bigger than this.

Love, Jay 🌻