Chapter IX: National Nalu Day

Start from the beginning

Happy and Mira popped out of nowhere and had a laughing fit. The rest of the guild joined in. Even Lucy started to laugh.

"Noooooooooo!" Natsu screamed, pulling his salmon hair.

~~~~~ (A/N: This is our little dream divider thing)

"Noooooooooo!" Natsu screamed, pulling his salmon hair.

"Natsu?!" Lucy asked. "Are you alright?" she shook him and he sat up immediately and looked at her.

"Luce? You're not gone?"

"What? Gone? What do you mean?" she asked him. He let go of her legs.

"You left the guild," he said, voice barely a whisper.

"Are you a baka?" she asked, but corrected herself. "Why am I even asking? You most definitely are one,"

"Oi," Natsu frowned.

"But anyway, I would never leave you guys." she assured him while ruffling his fluffy hair affectionately.

Natsu looked up at her and leaned in for a real hug. Lucy was dumbfounded at first, but she hugged him back. The fire dragonslayer and celestial mage hugged silently for a few moments.

Lucy broke the silence. "Matte," she began. "Why are you even in my room?"

"Etto," Natsu scratched his head. His eyes flashed an unusually light amber. "I was scared," he confessed.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped, since you're practically a dragon right now," Lucy sighed. "And because you're an adorable little idiot," she thought, those thoughts didn't reach him. Maybe, eventually...

Lucy snapped back into reality. "What are you thinking baka?!" she slapped her forehead hard.

"L-Lucy, are you okay?" Natsu asked.

"Yes, I feel so alive," Lucy sighed as she leaned back and flopped down on her pillow.

"Lushee," Natsu said nervously.

"What is it?"

"Um, I see something, flashing, underneath your bed." Natsu whimpered.

"Flashing? I don't keep anything under there," Lucy said confused. She got up and lifted the covers up. She looked and saw two beady eyes, staring back at her.

"Gyaaah! WHAT IS THAT?!" Lucy yelled. Natsu jumped behind her and yelped.

Lucy took her whip from her bedside table and cracked close to where this 'thing' was. It hissed at her.

"Hiss?"

"Aye!" the mysterious 'thing' jumped out from under the bed. It was Happy, with a sly expression on his face.

"Happy?" Natsu stepped out from behind Lucy.

"Aye!" he grinned a grin that would put the Cheshire cat to shame. "Wait till I tell Mira about this!" he clapped his paws and flew into the night.

"No! Happy! My life will be ruined!" Lucy called after him. "It's no use," she walked back to her bed. "Come on Natsu, let's get some sleep."

"I never thought I would ever say that," Lucy thought, but she was too tired to care. She belly-flopped back onto her bed, Natsu already in it. The two drifted off to sleep, Lucy awaiting the torture from Mira that she would get the next day.

---- o(`ω' )o ----

"WHAT IS THIS?!"

Lucy entered the guild the next morning and was completely shocked. It was a normal day, exactly like any other, except for the fact that the guild was decorated with 'Nalu' posters, balloons, pink and yellow streamers, and just about everything Nalu. There was a big strawberry cake on the stage with a picture of Natsu and Lucy printed onto it, along with a long banner that was hung across the top of the stage that said 'Nalu: Natsu + Lucy 5ever'. Erza stared hungrily at the cake holding a knife and a fork, waiting for her chance to strike.

"Oh, Lucy! I see you've noticed!" a cheerful looking Mira skipped over to her. She was wearing a shirt that said 'Nalu: Natsu + Lucy 5ever' on it, just like the banner.

"How could I have not noticed? There's a 30 foot cake with my picture on it!" Lucy screamed, she flushed red.

"Don't forget Natsu, he's there too," Mira added. She took a step closer to Lucy. "He'll always be there. As long as I'm around," Mira whispered into Lucy's ear.

Lucy gulped. The guild doors flew open, Natsu and Happy entered the guild. Natsu seemed completely oblivious to what was around him.

"Hey Luce, hey Mira," he waved. Natsu walked over to them, Happy following.

"So, Lucy,"

"Yes, Mira,"

"A little blue birdy told me that you and Natsu-"

"Shhh!" Lucy ran super speed while dragging Mira over to the bar.

"Why? You don't want him to hear?" Mira grinned.

"Well, um, yeah, but that's not the point," Lucy said quietly, face dusted with pink. "Why is all this useless stuff here?"

"One, this stuff is not useless, and two, it's national Nalu day!" Mira brought two pink and yellow flags from behind her back and waved them.

"National Nalu day. I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist." Lucy deadpanned.

"Well, in this guild it does!" Mira exclaimed and ran away all giddy. She was having one of those otp moments in the corner by herself.

"Typical Mira," Lucy shook her head as she walked over to join the breakfast line. To her dismay, they were serving 'Nalu food' too.

---- o(`ω' )o ----

Wendy and Carla entered the guild, surprised at the amount of Nalu they saw.

"National Nalu day! Get your Nalu picture books here!" Mira exclaimed as she threw pink and yellow streamers and confetti everywhere. One piece landed directly in Natsu's eye.

"Oi!" Natsu yelled as he turned around. Gray just had to be standing behind him. He was talking to Juvia- no, Juvia was talking to him.

"Gray-sama!~" Juvia melted into a puddle, right in Gray's arms.

"No! Juvia!" Gray groaned and frantically shook her remains off of him.

"Hey Perverted Popsicle! You threw this in my eye!"

"No, I didn't! And who are you calling a Perverted Popsicle, Flamebrain?!" Gray retorted, while stripping.

"Gray-sama, your clothes," Juvia called.

"Crap!"

"Stripper!"

"What are you sayin', Slanty Eyes?!"

"What did you just call me, Squinty Eyes?!"

Natsu and Gray started a brawl as usual.

"I'm getting a strong sense of déjà vu," Carla stated. She flew over to the breakfast line.

"Ah! Wendy-nee!"

"Romeo-san!" Wendy waved at the approaching fire mage. He stopped and looked around.

"What is all this stuff? Nalu? Never heard of it." he said.

"Why don't you ask Mira?" Wendy replied jokingly. He actually went and asked.

"Mira-nee, what does Nalu mean?"

Mira squealed in delight she took out a ginormous picture album labeled 'Nalu'. "Well you see young Romeo, it all started when..."

---- o(`ω' )o ----

Done another chapter yo
Gonna make some Rowen happen in the next chapter so stay tuned!

xoxo Puffin-chan (≧∇≦)