Chapter IV: Strange Behaviour Part 3

Hello again! How are you liking the story so far? Things are getting interesting!

This chapter is kind of like the others so far, alternating between Mira and Kagura, but there will be less of them sadly, (because I've been shipping Nalu Stingyu and Rowen alot, and cause I want to get some story progression going on!) but I'll have chapters dedicated to them sometime in the near future ;3

Disclaimer: Again, I don't own Fairy Tail :( If I did, I would do everyone a favor and make all these couples canon! (^o•)

--------------------------------

Mira was still running from an embarassed Yukino.

"Mira-sama!" Yukino yelled. "Give me that picture!"

"Not a chance!" Mira smiled at her. They ran past the pool, where they saw Natsu and Gajeel fighting over which of the girls was smarter: Lucy or Levy. Both girls didn't mind. The walked away from the dragonslayers.

Mira was about 8 meters away from Yukino, and gaining speed, when all of a sudden, she bumped into Laxus. Causing them to fall, and her to drop the picture.

(A/N: Cue the cliché bump and fall xD)

"Gomene Laxus!" Mira apologized. Laxus scowled at her and brushed himself off. He didn't seem to care. Mira grabbed the picture from the ground and got up. He walked in the opposite direction Mira ran from.

Mira continued on, speedwalking this time, until she felt a tap on her head. It was Laxus again. He looked different, somehow. He seemed to have a charismatic aura.

"I forgot to tell you, be careful next time, Hime-sama," Laxus winked at her.

"Hime?!" Mira was utterly confused, shocked, and flattered.

"Yes, you are a princess. I am your royal knight in shining armor!" Laxus exclaimed.

"You never call me princess. Are you on something?" Mira asked.

"Me? On something? No, I would never do that, it could harm my Hime-sama." Laxus looked into her eyes and winked once more. He turned and waved as he walked off.

"Hime?!" Mira repeated, even after he was gone.

That whole conversation had left Yukino some time to catch up to her and listen in on it.

"Hello, Mira-sama," Yukino greeted.

"N-N-Nani?! Oh! Hi Yukino!" Mira replied.

She remembered that Yukino was the one she was running from.

"AaaAAAaAaAAH!" Mira screamed as she ran full speed.

"I'm not finished with you yet, Mira-sama!" Yukino called after her.

---- o(ω' )o ----

Kagura sighed as she watched Mirajane being chased by Yukino. She was currently trying to get a tan, through a skylight.

"Is this even possible?" she thought to herself. "No matter, I'm doing it anyway."

Her thoughts were interrupted by a large figure looming over her. It was Rogue.

"Go away, I'm busy and I don't want any interruptions." Kagura said in her usual monotonous voice.

Rogue looked away and blushed. "F-fine baka! It's not like I was going to say yes to your confession!"

"Confession?" Kagura asked. But Rogue had already walked away.

"He's acting way different," she laughed, but it was inside her head, so nobody could hear her.

---- o(ω' )o ----

Mira had seemed to have lost Yukino somewhere in the crowd. She exhaled in relief. She was still surprised that Laxus, the big bad mysterious electro dude, as Mira put it, called her 'Hime-sama'. She didn't realize that she was thinking out loud, and Levy was standing right behind her.

"HIME?!" Levy squealed happily. Mira was wide eyed at first, but nodded her head slowly.

"He called you 'princess'?!" Levy laughed uncontrollably. Once she regained herself, she spoke. "I think there's something you should know,"

As Levy spoke to Mira, some very uncomfortable mages rushed up to them. Lucy was in the lead.

"Levy-chan will explain all the shenanigans that are going on right now." Lucy said.

She dragged a confused Romeo, Yukino, and Kagura over to Levy.

"Shenanigans?" Levy asked.

"Wendy was playing with my hair, and her eyes changed color!" Romeo exclaimed, while stretching his eyelids with his fingers.

"Sting-sama poked my nose, and Mira-sama caught it on camera." Yukino said, cheeks puffed out in annoyance.

"Rogue was acting weird too." Kagura crossed her arms.

Levy nodded her head and sighed. "I forgot to tell you guys, those are effects of the Dragon Season. They may have been acting weird now, but it gets even worse." Levy explained carefully. "I've been doing more research. It says in the book that 'there are 4 stages of a dragon during the season. The first stage is strange behaviour only around the mate. The second is change in appearance, only around the mate as well. The third is supreme attraction to their mate, and the fourth is all those combined, plus the urge to mark their mate.'" she read.

"That's why they've been acting out of the ordinary." Yukino understood.

"So, Wendy's on the second stage right?" Romeo asked.

"Yep, she's an early starter. Stage two is generally supposed to happen about 2 weeks into the season." Levy answered. "I also have a place to record behaviour changes." Levy smiled showed them a small blue notebook.

"You're a real expert at this!" Lucy laughed.

"Well, I guess," Levy blushed. "But now could you describe how they were acting?"

The others explained how the dragonslayers were acting towards them. Levy wrote down 'knight' for Laxus, 'playful' for Sting, 'nervous' for Natsu, 'childish' for Gajeel, and 'flirt' for Wendy. She couldn't find the right explanation for Rogue, so she decided to write it later.

"It's weird that I haven't found anything about dragonslayers marking their mates," Levy said.

"That's okay, you can keep looking if you'd like, or we could find out ourselves..." Romeo suggested.

Levy took a deep breath and smiled. "Don't worry minna! I'll work hard!" she exclaimed.

--------------------------------

Done yet another chapter! Levy is like the mainish character since she's doing all the research and stuff, but don't worry, it'll change :3

Please vote, comment, and follow!

-Puffin-chan ;)