Glossary

Hello world! Welcome to my comeback novella. So as you might have guessed, my culture reference is the British monarchs. But I've made some alterations, mainly to simplify things like how they're addressed etc. Don't let it bother you too much and just enjoy the story :)

I (try my best to) update twice a week. My ig is @glendasogo, feed's not specifically about this series, but you may find me there to discuss the meaning of life or just chatter about. Cheers!

P.S. Bonus: adorbs photo of King Isaac & Prince Gareth in matching suits.

Okay, here goes. Take notes, kids.

Accolade is a ceremony to confer knighthood. It may take many forms, including the tapping of the flat side of a knighting sword on the shoulders of a candidate or an embrace about the neck.

Constitutional monarchy means the sovereign exercises authority in accordance with a written or unwritten constitution. While absolute monarchy means the monarch holds absolute power.

Coronation is the act of placement or bestowal of a crown upon a monarch's head. The term generally also refers not only to the physical crowning but to the whole ceremony wherein the act of crowning occurs, along with the presentation of other items of regalia, marking the formal investiture of a monarch with regal power.

Debutante ball is a formal "debut" for young women of aristocratic or upper-class family background who has reached maturity to come out into society as a new adult. Originally, the term meant that the woman was old enough to be married, and part of the purpose of her coming out was to display her to eligible bachelors and their families, with a view to marriage within a select circle.

Dissociative amnesia is a type of dissociative disorder that involves inability to recall important personal information that would not typically be lost with ordinary forgetting. It is usually caused by trauma or stress.

Duchy is the territory of a duke or duchess; a dukedom.

Gynophobia is the dislike or fear of women.

Heir apparent = first in line.

Inferiority complex is the tendency to feel inferior to others. It may result either in spectacular achievement or extremely asocial behavior.

Lady/lord-in-waiting = private secretary.

Pacific means the people, actions, and ideas that believe in pacifism; the opposition to war, militarism or violence.

Prince consort is the husband of a queen regnant who is not himself a king in his own right. In recognition of his status, a prince consort may be given a formal title, such as prince or prince consort, with prince being the most common.

Prince regent is a prince or princess who rules a monarchy as regent instead of a monarch, e.g., as a result of the Sovereign's incapacity (minority or illness) or absence (remoteness, such as exile or long voyage, or simply no incumbent).

Suo jure is a Latin phrase, used in English to mean "in his own right" or "in her own right". It is commonly encountered in the context of titles of nobility or honorary titles, especially in cases where a woman holds a title through her own bloodline or accomplishments rather than through her marriage.

There are four primary vital signs: body temperature, blood pressure, pulse (heart rate), and breathing rate (respiratory rate), often notated as BT, BP, HR, and RR.

Wilms' tumor is the most common type of kidney cancer in children. Also known as nephroblastoma, it most often affects children ages 3 to 4 and becomes much less common after age 5.