"I thought this was only supposed to start at six?" I questioned to myself, "Why is there such a mess already?"

"You better not offer to clean up for him," Toby raised a sharp brow at me, "You can be so stupid sometimes. You're not his maid, let him clean his own mess."

"I was just trying to be nice," I defended myself, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, "Besides, we got to spend more time together, so I didn't mind."

"You didn't even go to the party, Omi," Toby deadpanned.

The music grew louder, if that was even possible. My face was scrunched up in irritation by the time we pulled the front door open. My heart rate quickly skyrocketed, beating in rhythm with the beat inside. Toby and I shared hesitant glances before we shut the door behind us. The music was so loud, I thought I saw the cutlery on the tabletops rattle. Neon lights were flashing everywhere like police sirens, but more colourful.

"I think I can forge a guess that you already hate it?" Toby leaned down to my height, talking louder so I could hear him over the noise, "I told you, you should have told him to shove his invitation."

I hadn't even realized I was pulling a face before Toby pointed it out. With hands clasped tightly in front of my stomach, I constantly fiddled with my knuckles, weaving my fingers in and out of each other. I shot Toby an apologetic grin, before my gaze drifted to a small group of people who had somehow managed to climb on top of the tables and were dancing freely. I wasn't sure how they hadn't broken the piece of furniture yet, but it was comical to watch.

"Naomiiiiiii!"

At the sudden, loud call of my name, I cringed at the elongation, and spun around to see Tyler coming over, a red cup in his hand. His large grin faded a little when he saw Toby standing protectively beside me, but with a blink of an eye, it disappeared.

"You came!"

His words were slurred a little as he slung his arm over my shoulder, dragging me close to him. I wrinkled my nose at the strong stench of alcohol coming from him and tried to angle my head as far away from him as possible.

"Yep!" I shouted over the music, patting his chest in affection.

He leaned his head towards me, bending to talk in my ear, "Do you want to dance with me a little? I missed you."

"You know I'm not good at dancing," I replied, shuffling uncomfortably at the little space I had around me. That, and I didn't want to leave Toby alone either. We locked eyes, but surprisingly, he gave me what appeared to be a strained smile and a supportive nod.

"Go ahead. I'll just wait for you guys over here somewhere."

Tyler tugged on my hand, jerking his head for me to follow. I stumbled on my feet after him, turning back for a split second to look at Toby. Guilt nestled its way inside my chest at the thought of Toby sitting alone. This wasn't the reason I had dragged him here, I had thought we could all get along and have a fun time.

My attention on Toby was distracted when Tyler placed his hands on my hips and gently began swaying us in rhythm to the music. Warmth seeped into my skin from his, and light tingles shot through me at our close contact, making goose-bumps rise on my skin.

"I don't think I tell you this enough," he started, his breath on my neck making me shiver, "But you look beautiful."

Like magic, I instantly felt a comforting sensation overwhelm me. A shy smile crept up on my lips and I tightened my hold on his shoulders. He pulled away from me a little bit, looking straight at me. Even under the dim lighting of his house, he could probably see how red my cheeks had gotten. The lights were twinkling with every step as he spun me around in delicate circles. I would be the first to admit that I loved things like this; the pressure of his warm hand on my back and the feeling of my small agile feet gliding along the floor. Gently, he swayed my body 'round and 'round, making me believe I truly was in Heaven.

Tainted Love | ✓ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें