Chapter Nine

no words are enough

to express the pain

of the soul

.-: :-  -: :-゜・.

TYLER WAS GONE.

My body felt heavy, like there was a tonne of bricks weighing down on my chest. An empty, desolate feeling settled inside of me, making itself comfortable. It was like I couldn't feel anything, but tears were still leaking out of the corner of my eyes. The room was now dark, except for the small light that shone in from the crack in the door. Tyler had gone back down to his parents with a smile on his face as if nothing had happened, while I was left up here.

A small sob bubbled out of my chest as I pushed myself up on my elbows. Bright red scratch marks and bruises marred my once clear skin. I couldn't seem to get rid of the feeling of his lips trailing all over my body. Instinctively, I scratched at my neck and arms, trying to get the remains of him off me.

Sat at the edge of his bed, I looked down at my clothes that were carelessly tossed on the floor. I sniffled as I stood up on wobbly feet and trudged over to his bathroom. I shut the door behind me, making sure that it was locked.

The bathroom was dimly lit; the small bulb above me flickered on and off every few seconds. Padding across the cold tiles, I stood in front of the stained mirror and stared at the reflection of myself. The image of the girl who was looking back at me, didn't even resemble me. Her skin was red and raw, like she had spent an hour scrubbing at it in the shower. Her cheeks were stained with the tears she had cried and with the mascara that came with the it.

With a trembling hand, I lent across and turned on the tap, splashing cold water on my face. The droplets trailed down my pale face, dripping onto the floor. I flicked the tap off as my hands clenched around the edges of the sink in an iron grip. My knuckles turned a shade of white as I desperately willed myself not to cry again. However, my attempts appeared to be futile as an agonizing sob suddenly escaped my mouth. Once one tear escaped, the rest followed like a dam that had broken. Without warning, my knees gave out, and I fell to the floor. My body lurched forward as I was sprawled over the cold floor, like I was about to throw up. There was a burning sensation in my throat, one that would stay there for the next few days. My throat was raw from the countless screams and agonizing wails I had let out.

"Come on Naomi," I croaked to myself in a shaky voice . I knew trying to comfort myself in this moment was the only way I would ever be able to find the courage to leave, "Just get out of here. You can do this. You're strong."

With a newfound determination, I clumsily tugged on my clothes. My entire body was shaking and trembling with fear and my skin was crawling in disgust. Even though I was completely covered, I couldn't stop feeling exposed. I wiped away the remainder of my tears and took a deep breath, trying to stop the tremors that wracked my body. I shut my eyes tightly, willing myself to be strong until I got home. Staying in this room made me feel disgusting. I felt like a rag doll who had been used and tossed aside.

Unlocking the door, I poked my head out, making sure the room was clear. I held my breath, straining my ears to hear anything that might let me know where he was. When a few seconds of eerie silence passed, I made a decision to make a dash for it. I slammed his door open and rushed down the stairs, nearly tumbling over the last two steps at how fast I was going. My heart suddenly rocketed in my chest when I heard him and his family's laughter echoing through the house, like they didn't have a care in the world. I paused at his entrance, my hand stuck on his door handle.