chapter thirty two

Start from the beginning

"You're such an asshole," Jennie spat out and instantly felt a stinging sensation going through her body starting from her left cheek. He had just hurt her and the situation was getting out of hand, the more he talked the more Jennie was going to fight back which could end up really really badly. "And what are you? Hm? The victim? I didn't see you complain while we fucked-" He spoke up again but was soon cut off by Jennie raising her knee to hit him in the most sensitive part of his body. "Shut up and get the hell out of my apartment once and for all" Jennie shouted while looking down at him, his laughter still echoing in her ears while the memory slowly faded.

~~~~

Jennie's whole body trembled as she stopped talking for a moment, Chaeyoung holding her against her own body with teary eyes as she remembered everything again alongside her best friend. She didn't even know how long it had been since Jennie had started talking about it all over again, the night that she hadn't spoken a word about since it happened. Chaeyoung will never forget getting that phone call that night, the same night that he left Jennie's apartment. What she won't forget for sure will be the bruise that had appeared on her best friend's cheekbone, a sight that can bring her to tears to this day. Jisoo who was sitting across from her was left speechless, she didn't know that behind Jane's strong and unpredictable character stood such a hurt person.

She couldn't help but feel bad for bringing this up again, for making Jennie talk about it again. But she needed to understand what was going on, she had read the man's side of the story which really had nothing to do with what Jennie had told her just now. "You never went to the police?" Jisoo spoke up and felt her heart break when Jennie's red eyes looked back at her as she shook her head. "I just never allowed myself to be that person again," Jennie flashed her a broken smile and looked over at Chaeyoung who was also in the verge of crying, her hand rubbing Jennie's back in a comforting way. "I let him break me, use me in a way until we got exposed for it. And then I suddenly became nothing" Jennie explained and wiped her tear stained cheeks, her red and full of emotions now eyes looking between Chaeyoung and Jisoo.

"And because of all of that, I don't plan on keeping in contact with Lisa. I swear I'll leave her alone, Jisoo" Jennie admitted no matter how much in hurt her to even think about it. Not seeing Lisa's face, rushing and burying herself into her arms or even hearing her contagious laughter ever again... It was a lot to leave behind but the more she thought about it the easier it slowly got. She just had to pull out her old self until she would leave for New Zealand again. And everything would go back to normal again. "I can't let her turn against me as well, not Lisa" Jennie laughed and smiled as soon as the screen of her phone lit up, Lisa's name showing up on it immediately. Speak of the devil, Jennie thought and looked at the two women that kept her company for a couple hours now. "Take it, you need it now" Jisoo said and smiled when she saw the genuine change of mood that Jennie went through.

"She likes her," Jisoo sighed and leaned back so she could rest her body properly on the sofa. Chaeyoung laughed and glanced over Jennie's direction, the woman talking on the phone while having the biggest smile plastered on her lips. "She likes her a lot, dare I say, loves her" Chaeyoung said and looked back at Jisoo who simply nodded, her palms coming up to cover her face in frustration. If she said it wasn't a total mess she would be lying but how else could she described it other than an utter mess? "And what now? What's going to happen?" Jisoo's voice came out muffled by her hands that were still covering her whole face, Chaeyoung being as lost as she was if we are completely honest. "She's leaving, in a month" Chaeyoung sighed and looked over at her best friend who seemed like an entirely different person while talking to Lisa, her heart aching just at the thought of Jennie leaving Korea once and for all.

"She's leaving? Going where? And why?" Jisoo asked too many questions as soon as she processed what Chaeyoung said, her hands grabbing the arms of the chair only showing how invested and interested she was in what Chaeyoung was saying. "New Zealand, she'll go back to her parents for good" The woman said and lowered her gaze, she still couldn't believe the words that left her mouth even though she was saying the truth. She didn't want to believe that Jennie, the woman that she knew for so long would be miles away from her. Maybe they didn't have the best relationship for quite some time but, she still was there when Jennie needed her to be. "Does Lisa know about this?" Jisoo asked immediately and her eyes landed on Jennie again, the woman pacing up and down still having that stupid but adorable smile plastered on her face.

"No and she doesn't have to find out" Chaeyoung warned her since it was the last thing all of them needed, things to get more complicated. Lisa would freak out if she found out that Jennie was planning on leaving the same day that her wedding would take place. She didn't expect her to go but still, she'd like to think that Jennie would still be there, in the same apartment doing the same things she always did. "It took her some time to feel again and she'll get hurt again if she stays," Chaeyoung explained, bringing back everything that Jennie had been through all those years, the ups and downs that still haunted her from time to time when she would close her eyes. "I just wish they would have met way earlier you know?" Chaeyoung laughed even though she really wanted to cry, the frustration that this situation was creating being too much even for her.

"I just wish Jennie would end up being the happy one for once," Chaeyoung added after a while. Seeing how smiley and full of joy Jennie was, it was breaking her heart because she knew what was going to happen in a month, just one month from now. How could she not worry? How could she not fear that Jennie would go back to being her old cold and selfish self again? "That smile, I haven't seen her smile like that for so long unnie and I'm so damn scared" The woman voiced her fear when Jennie walked in the bedroom, still talking on the phone with their best friend. "She can't end up like that again, broken into million pieces" Chaeyoung sighed again and again but her frustration didn't seem to leave her alone, she was genuinely scared for Jennie.

"She doesn't deserve to feel like that any more"