He had stated that he was searching for the Anima and that there were a couple surrounding Era.

"Are you going to go back?" Mystogan suddenly inquired.

"What?"

"You're running away again."

Emi held her arms around her knees.

"I'm not going to."

"It seems you will be faced with the decision soon. And I've noticed that you've made no move to further hide yourself. I know you can sense that they're going to arrive here soon."

"I can't put them in harm's way, but I just don't want to be alone anymore," Emi croaked.

"So protect them."

"I'm not strong enough."

"Then get stronger."

Emi looked at Mystogan before taking off her hood to reveal her smiling face.

"You took off your hood for him and not us?!"

"Easy, Lector," Sting reasoned.

The two gave each other a quick hug and went their separate ways. Emi quickly put her hood back on before disappearing into the night.

----------------------------------------------------

"Do you really think she's here?"

"I could smell her from the train station. She's definitely here."

"Finding her should be easy enough," Ayame stated. "She'll be the only one in a cloak."

"What if she's not wearing it? We've only seen her face once."

"I can find her," Sting added, rather seriously.

"Sting, why are you getting so worked up about this?"

"We scared her. She ran away because she was scared. She said she was running from something and we pushed her too far."

Someone whistled, making the group stop their conversation. There stood a cloaked Emi standing in the middle of an empty road. Kira had run up to her and pulled her into a tight hug. Once she pulled away, she smacked Emi on the head, causing the girl to whimper.

"You had us scared to death. We've been looking for you for a month!"

Emi gave a lopsided grin and laughed.

"I'm sorry guys. I just--"

Emi was cut off by all four of them squeezing her until she could feel the air escape from her lungs. She giggled at the four of them before prying herself out of the hug.

"So...does the offer still stand?"

They all laughed at her before dragging her back to the train station.

------------------------------------------------

"Master Rue! We have a new member."

"Welcome back, children. Where is this new member?"

Emi stepped from behind the group and slowly waved. Kira then briefed the master on Emi's magic and her strength that she had witnessed. Master Rue smiled as he ushered Emi to go get her guild mark.

Everyone looked at the guild mark in confusion.

"What guild is that? I've never seen that crest before."