Chapter One Hundred & Fifty Two | Fifth World

Magsimula sa umpisa

It left the young man in a daze, inevitably wondering about the last time he had seen his parents. Shame prickled at his gut when he thought back to the many times he had carelessly disregarded opportunities that were clearly his parent's way of looking out for him.

Fahren would always be his own person, and always did things differently from his brothers and the rest of his family. No matter the test, his craving for individuality would never dissipate. But now more than ever, he missed his family. He craved the feeling he got when he finds his group of people in every world, those who were all flawed and yet perfect.

The guilt was washed away by the excitement that exploded inside of him. System's words, which now felt so far away, were comforting. These people, whoever they may be, have stuck by his side throughout. Unknowingly changing faces along with their entire environment, but in the end always finding Fahren— and he them.

There was nothing left to think about, Fahren dragged his sweaty ass to the room which had only appeared when he became strong enough to support himself. Inside was a glorious shower which Fahren had to admit he spent a considerable amount of time in when he was first introduced.

It still took him by surprise when he saw his own reflection. He had little option but to get used to seeing a stranger's face whenever he saw himself, and then all of a sudden he was back. Looking at the features that could be applied to each parent. A face which was often frowning, thinking they had the weight of the world on their shoulders. But little did he know.

Fahren slipped his fingers through his chestnut brown hair. After three months of simple treatment to keep his hair clean while he was in a coma, the texture was softer than he'd ever recalled. The weight of it was still there, and it's what made it look like a nest when he woke up in the mornings. But from being untouched by various chemicals that Fahren once used, the condition of his hair had vastly improved.

And since the style it once held had grown out, Fahren looked like he did when he was younger. Fresh-faced and innocent.

Drying off his body, Fahren pulled on the simple clothing that was given to him by Emilio. Although definitely patient-like, they were ridiculously comfortable. And the creamy colour of the fabric made the tan of his skin healthier, and overall looking more supple.

Gone were the days where he felt the need to look as 'hard' as he could. That desperate desire not to be frowned upon reminded Fahren of how Hisaya once was. The Omega clinging to the hope that if he wore ugly suits and neutered his charm, then he wouldn't be pegged as a standard good-looking Omega that desired an Alpha.

As soon as he was ready, and while Fahren was in the process of trying to contain his hair which had grown fluffy as it dried, the smart-material that often moved to reveal the door that Emilio usually ventured through, appeared once again. This time no one entered and Fahren was left wondering what he should do. But as Radical Innovations kingpin was its smart technology, nanotechnology sewn into the literal fabric of what surrounded him, and its effectiveness for observation, Fahren deduced that an error such as this wouldn't be right.

So he eagerly moved towards the door and opened it. There was a distinct temperature difference, one that made Fahren's flushed skin from the hot shower, tingle. He looked left and then right, but there was no one around.

As suspected, the whole building was a circular shape, with the spine of it being the mesmerising terrarium that currently lit up Fahren's eyes as he stepped closer to the glass encasing. It appeared to be the sole source of light for the building, as the roof that stood overhead of the terrarium was entirely made up of multiple panes of glass.

Even though it looked like his room had fully looked out onto the terrarium, there was in fact a walkway surrounding the eye-catching feature. Probably the path employees of Radical Innovations took when flitting between patients.