A Deal

He followed his senpai directions and went down the route as instructed. When he was familiar enough with his surroundings, Hinata found his way to his school before going to Natsu school to pick her up. Her class came out later than usual, but Hinata forgot to pick her up so she had to wait there for another half an hour.

As they journeyed home, Natsu asked him if he was okay. He replied that he was fine, but the terror still wounded up resurfacing. He was sweating again and his hands slipped from the handle many times. It caused Natsu to hold onto him tighter. He gave a small apology and rode home with a lot of questions dancing in his head.

Hinata parked his bike in his garage and went inside, changing and making dinner for his family. He doesn't know if the string had officially taken place yet, but he prayed that it didn't. In all honesty, he was less upset at this than he was when it happened to Izumi only because he was less likely to see Nishinoya senpai. In general, Hinata was good at avoiding his problems.

'It's okay, I'll never see Nishinoya senpai ever again. It'll be fine, it's just a string' He reiterated this sentence over and over in his head the entire day, hands shaking as he held his spatula.

Dinner was quiet as usual, an addition to the clanking of metals on porcelains and the two siblings conversing quietly with each other. He ignored his father, and the older man seemed to also don't want to talk to him. He was quiet and meticulous in his eating habits while the two siblings fed one another.

"I heard that you're planning to join the Karasuno's volleyball team," his father said out of nowhere. The timbre of his voice was curious, but Hinata didn't understand the vigilance the old man was putting on. Whatever school he went to was none of his business.

"I'm not one to say what sport you should or shouldn't play, but as a man, I suggest something like golf or basketball." He 'ahem' before grabbing his water. Hinata had no options in this matter, his father's clearly telling him to diverge from his fascination towards volleyball.

He kept his head down and ate his food quietly. His father was persistent and too opinionated to care, but it wasn't like Hinata had a say. Being verbally abused by the old man took a toll on him and Hinata being Hinata couldn't bring himself to battle his dad 1 on 1. He was scared and being oblivious doesn't work anymore now that he's grown.

"I don't think volleyball is for you Shoyo. You might trouble the boys there," gruffly voice finally said in a tone that meant 'Listen to me while I'm still being nice.' "Change the sport you play or change your school."

Hinata stood up grudgingly and his father looked at him disapprovingly.

"But I want to play volleyball under Karasuno," he reasoned exasperatedly.

"That's not a choice. If I hear that you joined the team, I won't hesitate to move you to a different school. One that doesn't promote boys volleyball," His voice lowered threateningly, and Hinata knew that he'd do it no questions asked.

He wanted to turn the table over and throw a tantrum, but his father was still eating. Beady eyes looked to his side where little Natsu was subtly tugging at his shirt, head shaking in objection. He sat back down and quietly compromised, "I won't join the volleyball team, so please let me attend."

His father beamed pleasantly. "Good, then it's settled. You can apply for Karasuno if you want. Knowing how troublesome you are, you'll sneak your way in somehow, so I have some expectations that you'll be home before five?" As if reading his son's face he added, "I believe that's the time that most volleyball practices start. If I see you not home by then, you'll be in big trouble with me."

When the old man finished eating, he slowly stood up and left for bed. Hinata with his head down picked up the dirty dishes to clean.

" Nisan, I can help make an excuse for you," Natsu peppered in when she saw him frowning. Her older brother chuckled heavily.