Noodles

Hinata road home. Kageyama had after school practice so he slipped by while he had time. Now that he has no reason to stay back, he decided to go straight home since it was an hour away.

The spring before his last year of junior high ended with another rejection. It also brought along with it some heavy rain, so he had to stop by a convenient store. He bought two meat buns and walked out front. As the cold weather seeped through his jacket, he gobbled up his buns to keep his insides warm.

Hinata wasn't sure when he had started crying. He was surprised at how much of a crybaby he was, even more so than Natsu. He figured that it must've come out naturally but it wasn't like he can control it; the ginger didn't like it though because it made his bread soggy and salty as he chomps on them. He ate it nonetheless because he was hungry and disheartened.

"It's not like liking boys is wrong," he grumbled to himself. "I don't think there's anything wrong with it." He said quietly, but he hesitated because he wasn't so sure. It must be wrong if his father told him so, and Murae, and Kageyama. Where did that hope come from?

Stupid..

He never learns his lessons. It's been the same thing. The thought that maybe he didn't deserve to be love flitted through his head once in a while, but Natsu brought him back to reality almost instantly. Without Natsu, Hinata couldn't help but toy with the thought a little longer.

After finishing his meat bun, he threw it away and continued biking home. It was drizzling, but it wasn't heavy. The light pattering of the rain cooled his tears and washed his face. He peddled faster but then came to an abrupt stop when he found himself standing in the middle of nowhere. He didn't have a cell phone and never could afford one, but in this predicament, he wasn't sure where to go. He could ask someone to tell him the way, but he couldn't find the right person to talk to. Most were either conversing on the phone or with another person. Others looked like they didn't want to be bothered either.

Turning the corner, Hinata found a noodle stand and entered it without much thought since eating the two meat buns wasn't enough to cure his hunger- big appetite and all. The stools were placed next to each other and because it was a small, dilapidated stand in front of an empty street, Hinata ended up sitting next to a boy around his height without much room to offer.

The peculiarity of his features made him a little mesmerized. The front piece of his hair was dyed blonde like a rooster. Brown against the blonde bit made the teenager stand out patently. It was flat against his head and it gave him a child-like filter. It suited him, and Hinata thought he looked good with it.

"I like your hair," he complimented out of the blue. He also discovered that the rooster-head was taller than him when he sat straight up.

"Thanks! I dyed it this year. Doesn't it make me look cooler?" The guy flaunted effortlessly. In all honesty, he did look amazing with the hairstyle, so Hinata incessantly threw compliments at him as he watch him soak them up like a sponge would to water. The guy chuckled and then stopped to eat his noodles.

"Say, what's your name?" his companion asked after quite a silence. Hinata turned to the side to see the boy staring at him curiously.

"Shoyo Hinata, third year at Yukigaoka."

Hinata saw him smile with familiarity and then slapped his shoulder reassuringly.

"So you're from Miyagi and you're also younger than me," he hmphed triumphantly and returned to eating the rest of his noodles as if Hinata wasn't there. After he finished eating, he introduced himself,

"I'm Yuu Nishinoya, but I'll give you the privilege to call me Nishinoya Senpai."

Although it was an exaggeration on the blonde's part, Hinata still looked at him with reverence. He's never made a friend who was older than him, so it was nice to have someone to call senpai. Sure, He was familiar with friendship, but having an older friend as a companion differs from Koji and Izumi.