Soy Milk

The breeze ran through Hinata's curly hair as he peddled. His finger ground the handle as dry eyes scanned his surroundings. Confirming that he was alone, he stopped by an empty street and got off of his bike in haste. The bike fell over with a loud clack but it went unnoticed by the ginger. He grabbed the cold metal lamp post and reeled over, gagging and coughing. Nothing came out except for his saliva so he just spits it out and wipes his forearm against his lips to rid the wetness. He glared at the ground in disgust but let out a confusing 'eh?' when a can appeared in front of his face. Alarmed by the presence of another person, he took a step back to see the person responsible for startling him.

This entire human being was intimidating. If the boy wasn't standing there offering a can of soy milk in front of him, Hinata would have assumed he was some kind of stalker with the way he dressed, dark hoodies and all. He adorned an immature face but had the body of a 10th grader at the very least. A horrible square rimmed glasses sat neatly on top of a sharp chiseled nose and his sandy beach hair fluffed out rather neatly. With a stoic expression, he seems outlandishly aloof.

"Are you going to take it or what?"

The grumpy boy was frowning but because his face looks so childish against his tall body, Hinata couldn't help but think he's like an angry overgrown puppy. It was cute.

"Thanks! The ride down was bumpy so I got an upset stomach from it," Hinata pauses. It wasn't entirely a lie. The road was never maintained so he was thrown left and right throughout his journey. The other half was just his body reflex from the hug with Izumi a while ago. He wasn't sure why.

"I didn't eat or drink anything so there was nothing to throw up." As if discouraged, Hinata slumped forward lightly. He turned his head upward to look at the sand head, but he only raised an eyebrow and frowned even harder. Is he always like this? Hinata grudgingly thinks.

Hinata opened the can of soy milk and quickly chugged the entire thing. The stranger quietly snickered and Hinata, having witnessed it, choked on his drink. It got into his nose and he started coughing, but the cold hearted boy he just met stood there and watched him suffer in silence.

So mean...he internally voiced helplessly.

He looked around him and spot a stone wall across from them, just high enough to sit on. Hinata lifted his bike and wheeled it over, resting it against the wall. He jumped up afterward and sat there quietly waiting for the boy to follow suit. Aware of what he's hinting at, the latter took his seat "next" to him. What the sand head considers sitting 'next to him' meant was beyond Hinata comprehension. He sat so far away that Hinata had to inch toward him with mild irritation. He didn't mind though and proceeded to ramble about his friends and school life as if a stranger had the time of day to listen to someone else's story.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo by the way, 2nd year," he introduced himself afterward because he realized that he forgot to tell the boy his name.

There was a moment of silence because the kid just sat there to mull over his words. A while later he reluctantly answered, "Tsukishima Kei, also 2nd year."

Upon seeing him, Hinata had noticed that the boy was upset, and the fact that Tsukishima didn't leave made him stay. Now that the ambience was good enough for a conversation, he lets Tsukishima in on his late night therapy session that he just made up at the spot. There was no judgement when it came to Hinata. Japan wasn't the place for that though; stranger danger wasn't an aberration, but if Tsukishima didn't have any objection to it, then he can float along the river bank with him.

"Something on your mind?" he inquired quietly. The night was long and Hinata didn't want to go home yet. Natsu should be okay since she's having a sleepover at her friend's house.