C-h-a-p-t-e-r F-o-u-r-t-e-e-n

"That," Tam said, "Is a lot of stars."

"Well I wasn't sure how many I should make," Sophie replied. The pile of stars was a little over half their height. How that was possible, no one was sure.

"Stina," Biana shrieked, "Is that my eye shadow?"

"Maybe," Stina replied, her eyelids had light, glittery pink color. It wasn't the worst, for a seven-year-old.

"Ha," Keefe yelled, throwing one of the ninja stars at Tam.

Tam retaliated, grabbing a few from the huge pile.

"No," Sophie grumbled. "That is for Fitz and the other people in his group."

"Right," Biana agreed, trying to shove her eye shadow palette back into her over-flowing vanity drawers. 

How much make-up did that girl have? She was only seven.

"Is everyone ready for the plan to commence," Stina asked, rubbing her hands in a way that reminded Sophie of a mad scientist.

"Ready," Keefe saluted, "Let's grab the ninja stars and head out." Sophie was a little surprised at Keefe acting so compliant. Then he threw another ninja star at Tam. Her amazement was quickly extinguished.

"Follow me," Biana called, beginning to march out of her room.

"Shouldn't we be a bit quieter," Sophie asked.

"Right," Biana agreed. She began to suspiciously march down the hall. Sophie couldn't face palm from the stars in her arms.

"So, Tam," Sophie said. They were both at the back of the line. "About our conversation earlier..." She trailed off, prompting Tam to finish her sentence.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tam grumbled. They began to walk down the steps.

"Oh I think you do-" Before Sophie could finish her thought, her foot tripped and she fell down the steps.

Fu- 

(n times)

○   ○   ○

"Sophie, are you okay," Biana asked. The ninja stars Sophie had been holding were spread across the floor, and quite a few were littered on the steps.

"I'm fine," Sophie deadpanned. Clumsiness really sucked.

She got up from the ground, grabbing the ninja stars she had dropped.

"Well, at least we can always rely on you to make a mess of things," Stina sneered.

"And we can always rely on you to come up with snotty remarks," Sophie countered, rolling her eyes. She didn't have time for bratty seven-year-olds.

Della's melodious voice rang throughout the mansion, "Snacks are ready."

Keefe rushed past them, ninja stars falling out of his arms.

"Keefe," Biana yelled, "Wait!"

Keefe stopped in his tracks, "I'm hungry."

"We have to complete our plan," Biana said. "Although, it's probably too late now."

"You can thank Sophie for that," Stina commented.

"We can do it after we have our snack," Tam suggested.

"Great idea," Biana beamed. "Now, c'mon, or the Mallowmelt will be gone."

Sophie finished picking up her stars and stored them in a small drawer per Biana's instructions.