EPILOGUE

FIVE YEARS LATER

The mansion was buzzing with people, it was her twenty first birthday and just like any other year, her dad had made sure it was the best of the best. She was busy dancing and having fun with her friends when she decided to take a break. She looked around but her parents were nowhere to be found. She decided to take a walk and go find a rose from her step mother's garden when she heard someone giggling and she recognized that voice. She walked sneakily just the way her step mother Rora taught her and peeped inside.

She covered her mouth to stop herself from bursting out. She knew how crazy those two were for each other but she never thought they were crazy enough to make out in the garden. She ran laughing with joy. She was glad their love was not changing but increasing every day. She had a mother who loved her and helped her in all she wanted to do. What more would she want? It was just a pity that Rora couldn't birth a child, she would have loved to have a younger sister or brother to play with.

Rora had shown and given her so much love, that she would forever be grateful with. A lot of people didn't understand their relationship but if she had realized the kind of person Rora was in the beginning she might have fallen for her just like how her dad did but that was in the past.

Happy with herself and happy with the life she has she walked back to the party and at that second she saw a new face and her heart wavered. She just fell in love again. Her old love was a disappointment and tonight she was starting all over again. Just like how her dad and Rora fought for their love, she too was going to do everything in her power to be like them.

Gathering all the courage she could get she walked confidently to the new guy that had just appeared on her party.

'Hello,' she said as she approached him.

'Hello Jewel,' the guy said with such a sexy and lovely smile on his face.

'You are new here. Who are you?' she asked and before he could reply her cousin sister appeared and hugged the guy she had fallen for.

'Jewel, you haven't met Sean have you? Sean this is Jewel my cousin and Jewel this is our new cousin Sean,' Rita made the introductions and Jewel froze.

'What do you mean by cousin?' Jewel asked.

'You know my new dad right?' Rita asked.

'Yes, I know him,' she replied. Rita's mother got remarried a year ago so she remembered well.

'Well, this is my step dad's son and he just came today to start to live with us,' Rita said happily.

She couldn't faint or show her disappointment and anger.

'It's nice to meet you cousin,' she said and stretched out her hand.

The moment their hands touched, they both felt it, the spark and she smiled.

'It's a pleasure to meet you too,' he said his gaze on hers and their hands not separating.

She knew exactly what was happening, she was in love with this new guy who just became her cousin which was crazy but it's not like there wasn't a precedent. Her father married his own cousin after all.

She could see the headlines already, "The Ladra's greatest scandal."

The thought of that made her smile; her life was finally going to be interesting after all.

'I love you mom and dad!' she thought to herself. Her birthday wish had been answered, she told herself and broke free from Sean.

Not wanting to attract a lot of attention to herself, she left and went to join her friends.

'What made you so happy?' Wendy asked.

'I think I am in love,' she said.

'What?' Anna asked and she just laughed.

Jewel looked around and saw her parents all over each other again and she stared at them.

'Jewel, why are you looking at them like that?' Wendy asked.

'I'm just grateful and happy because of those two,' she said.

'They are your parents after all.'

'Indeed they are but their special relationship gives me the strength and courage to move one and because of that I'm grateful,' she said and she meant it.

'I'm happy for you but can we get back to the party now. I think that guy is flirting with me,' Anna mentioned and they all laughed.

Anna was right, it was her party and she should go out there and celebrate it. Those two had already found their love and all she wanted now was to find hers. Since she had already found it, what would possibly stop her from taking it?

She stood up and dragged her friends to the dancing floor.

'Let's get this party started,' she screamed and the DJ increased the volume.

When her friends had settled Jewel eloped from the dance floor and went back to the garden to find a rose for her. Since her parents were no longer there it was safe but she never expected to find someone again.

She was about to turn around when he said, 'Jewel wait.'

She was excited that she turned around and faced him. The way he walked was majestic. She wasn't supposed to feel this way but she couldn't help it. Sean gave her a red rose, just like she wanted and she smiled shyly at him.

'Thank you,' she said.

'If you are thankful then can you grant me a little favor?' he asked and she wondered what he wanted, her heart was already thumping so loudly she was afraid he was already hearing it.

Sean moved closer to her and he took her hand and placed it on his beating heart. Just like hers, his was racing faster. She smiled at him and looked at him. There was no need for words. Some may call it a taboo or whatever but she was going to just pursue her happiness in her own.

Sean leaned in closer to her and she closed her eyes, letting him possess her with his own mouth. She silently thanked the heavens and drowned in the forbidden kiss.

THE END.