CHAPTER 7

'Can you be my bride's maid of honor?' that request came to her as a surprise. She wasn't expecting it but she was excited

'You want me? But I will become your step daughter the second you marry my dad,' Jewel said to Rora.

'I know but you see I don't have any friends; you were a friend to me before all this happened. So please do me this favor?'

'If that's what you want then I will be happy to. Guess I should inform grandma now,' Jewel said and left Aurora in her father's bedroom.

Jewel was excited the second she came back from school only to realize that they would be dining at her grandma's house.

The dinner was a success and everyone was happy. Her grandma was even more ecstatic which was worrisome. It was as if she had met her long lost daughter.

She looked for her grandma and found her talking to her dad and uncle in the lounge.

'Where is Aurora?' her dad asked.

'She is doing something in the bedroom,' she answered her dad and sat next to her grandma.

'Is there something you want princess?'

'Yes. Rora just asked me to be her bride's maid of honor since she doesn't have any friends here,' she said.

'Is that so? That's wonderful,' grandma sounded happy.

'So I was wondering if you could find me a nice dress.'

'Of course, I will make sure you get the best. Since it's like that, I will have you and your friends be the bridesmaids. Gather your friends tomorrow and we will go shopping.'

'Thank you grandma, I will go and call them now.'

'Okay. Let me talk to these grown up men,' grandma said.

Jewel kissed her grandma and went to her room to make a group call. She told her friends about the current issue and they sounded excited. She knew just how her friends loved trying new things. They had never been bride's maids before so it was a new experience for them.

When it comes to Rora she was always trying new things. The last time she stayed with her, Jewel and her friends went to work at Rora's workplace and spent a day there. It was tiring and exciting at the same time. Rora made her to look at the world differently. It felt good to work for yourself.

Since her friends had agreed she returned back to her dad's room and found Rora lying on the floor. She rushed towards her and she wasn't breathing. She shook her for some seconds before she rushed out screaming and brought attention to herself. Her dad was the first to show up.

'Jewel what's wrong?' he asked looking at her.

'It's Rora dad. She isn't breathing,' she said her body shaking.

Immediately everyone rushed to her dad's bedroom and Rora was still there. She watched as her dad carried Rora off the floor and shook her.

'Aurora wake up!' he called but she wasn't responding.

He shook her for a while and her uncle was already calling for an ambulance.

'What's happening?' her grandma asked as she entered the room.

'We don't know,' her uncle said as he hung up the call.

Her dad still holds onto Rora and she could see that he was worried and stressed. She had never seen him like that before. Rora began to shake and scream as if she was being chased by someone. It was the first time she saw someone fighting so fiercely while they were in such a state. Her dad failed to hold her and even fell to the ground. Whatever Rora was fighting it was something bad.