CHAPTER 12

Lucian was surprised when Aurora asked him to accompany him to see some old friends. He didn't tell her what he did and now she was taking him to see them. He agreed and wanted to see what she was up to. Their first stop was at a shopping mall where she bought some groceries for the old lady and clothes. It seemed like she meant a lot to her.

The driver took them to that old neighborhood and the old lady was there. She was happy to see them and she seems to notice that his visit was secret so she didn't say anything.

'I'm glad to see you again Olivia,' the woman said and Aurora smiled.

'I wanted to check up on you one last time before I leave,' Aurora said.

'That's very good of you. I'm too old and can't stand easily. Can you bring something for your husband to drink?' the old woman asked and Aurora stood up and disappeared into the kitchen.

'Thank you,' he said and the old woman smiled.

'I know how to keep secrets. Its better this way,' she said.

Aurora showed up some minutes later with a full tray of snacks and juice. She placed them at the table and served the three of them.

'Thank you,' she said.

'No problem. How about I leave the two of you to chat while I put the groceries in the fridge?'

'That's a good idea. I would love to chat more with this handsome man,' granny said and Aurora left.

Aurora began to put the food where it belonged one by one. She couldn't put the poison in the food that she bought so she resorted to other means. The old lady was sick already and taking pills, so she put the oleander serum on the pills. By the time the old lady takes them and suffers her fate, by then they will be gone and nothing will stick on her.

She came out of the kitchen happily since she had succeeded in planting the poison.

After thirty minutes or so they left the old lady and went to their next destination. It was Peter again, the guy who didn't like him and he still haven't gotten anything about him yet.

They went inside and after the introductions they both acted as if they have never seen each other before.

'Olivia, can we talk for a moment?' Peter suddenly asked and she agreed.

She kissed him lightly on his lips and whispered, 'I will be right back.'

He smiled at her and wondered what those two would be up to but he trusted her at least. She would never betray him.

Aurora followed Peter into his other office, it was all sound proof.

'What did you wanted to talk to me about?' she asked noticing whatever it was, it was grave.

'He came here the other day. He wanted to know about you,' Peter said.

'I know,' she replied.

'And you let him do just that. Are you crazy?'

'I love him and I can't stop him from doing what he wants. If I was him I would still do the same,' she said.

'You are still a fool,' Peter suddenly changed.

'Excuse me!'

'How can you be such a fool? After everything I did for you, can't you see my true feelings towards you? How could you come and parade him in front of me like that?' Peter was fuming.

'You are like an uncle to me. How can you say that?' she asked still trying to let the revelation sinks.

'Why shouldn't I do that? Since you hurt me like this then I might as well return the favor,' he said.