Chapter Fifteen

"You're not goin' anywhere!" Trent told Y/n, yanking her by the arm.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Kyle yelled, tearing off his shirt, revealing a six pack and swole muscles. Trent looked at him with an evil stare and threw Y/n off to the side. Trent raised his fist and hit Kyle right in the chin. Kyle wiped his face, popped his jaw, and threw a punch back. Trent went flying, almost as if hit with a rock catapulted from a mile away. Everyone around him started to cheer when Trent didn't get back up.

"Oh Kyle! You're my hero!" Y/n exclaimed as she fell onto his chest, "Kiss me!" She grabbed his face and pulled him closer. But she paused and stared at him when a loud beeping noise started to ring through the air like a siren.

Kyle's crusty eyes peeled open and stared up at his ceiling. He groaned with real pain in his heart as he realized it was all a stupid dream. He slammed his alarm clock off and rolled out of bed. He rubbed his eyes and sighed. But then he smiled when he saw a text from Y/n, wishing him a good morning. He suddenly didn't care about his dream. Today was a new day. And soon he might be able to make his dreams come true.

He threw on some clothes, ate some cereal, and walked Ike to the bus stop.

Y/n sat at her new vanity. Her parents had to replace half of her things after her fit, and the other half was irreplaceable, but she thought it was nice. Her room was so empty and there wasn't a shelf full of clutter in sight. That didn't mean things between her and her mother were any better. Her mother was twice as malicious to her than before. Calling her dirty names, and threatening to cut out her tongue for back talking. She told her father, but it would only cause them to scream at each other for an hour before he'd give up and go back to his office. So he wasn't much help. 

Thinking about all of this made her tense. She used only her eyes to roll a make-up brush back and forth across the vanity. She couldn't wait to get out of town and relax on the mountain for a day. After she finally came home on her weekend run-away, her room was already fixed, but her mother wouldn't let her leave or talk to anyone unless she was going to school. She had a secret second phone hidden under her mattress just so she could text her friends. School was her only escape. The only thing she could be thankful for was the fact that Trent couldn't bother her in public anymore.

"Ahem." Diana opened the door and stared at her with a look of disgust. Y/n looked back at her with a similar look of hatred. Her own mother hadn't even spoken her name since the incident.

"You didn't put on any make up." She pointed out.

"I'm not going to." Y/n spat back. Her mother glared.

"Do you want me to hold you down so I can do it for you?" She questioned.

"What I want is for you to leave me alone and let me go to school before I'm late!" Y/n yelled.

"You're not going anywhere until you look the way I want you to look." Her mother told her.

"When are you going to stop treating me like a possession and start treating me like a human person!?" Y/n stood up, "I don't want to wear make up, I don't want to wear these expensive clothes you buy for me, I don't want all of this money, I just want to be a normal girl! For once in my life, just let me feel like a NORMAL GIRL!"

"YOU'RE NOT A NORMAL GIRL." Her mother screamed, making Y/n seal her lips.

"You're a mistake! You're an abomination! You're not even human, you're- you're- you're a monster!!" She said. Tears fell from Y/n's eyes, and she had to turn away from her mother to cover her face.