Peace At Last!?

Amelia was locked up in her own room for two days. Leaving only for necessary things like food. Not that she didn't want to get out, but was like she didn't have the strength or the patience to answer the question like, 'Why are doing this?', ' Is someone forcing you?' etc. There have a lot of pack members to come and ask her questions or call her. Finally she decided to shut herself up in the room. She even switched off her phone. When Jake came by she refused to answer him too. Robert gave up years ago. He knew that Amelia would come out only when she wanted too. So, here she was. With only Nymeria for company.

-" What do you think will happen once we win?" Asked Amelia.

-" We're not leaving the pack, if that's what you mean." Replied a voice in her head which was Nymeria.

-" Of course Ny, I know that. I meant what about the living arrangements. Surely mates are suppose to stay together. The longer we're apart the weaker we grow. Like that we won't be able to support our pack." Spoke a concerned Amelia.

-" We will figure something out. We always do." Encouraged Nymeria. And Amelia drifted off thinking about random things. And all the thinking tired her off, so she feel asleep with only twelve hours to go for the final trial. It was a difficult task indeed but somehow Amelia couldn't shake off the feeling that if it wasn't for the alpha, she would still have her mother. Like any normal teen she would also bake cakes for Amelia's birthday. She would get a cake baked out of love and not pity. Her father would too be happy. Amelia knows that he puts on brave face every day for her. Amelia has heard her father cry himself to sleep too. Many times she had to calm him down and force him to sleep. So, the fact that Amelia could've had a normal life and the chance was stolen by Luke, Instigated her so much that she felt like her blood was boiling even in her sleep. And for the first time in almost five years Amelia dreamt of her mother. Luke was holding her and strangling her and she was crying. Amelia was begging for him to stop and so was her her mother. He kept pulling her mother away from her and finally let her go while she was on the edge of a very high cliff. Then Luke turned around and was grinning evilly. He let Amelia think that he spared her mother, As Amelia reached to touch her mother, Luke kicked her down the cliff and started laughing. Amelia wanted to jump after her but Luke grabbed her by her hair and pulled her away. 

Amelia woke up panting and drenched in sweat. She was gasping for breath. Turning around she saw that it was almost time. She got up and splashed cold water on her face to wash away the dreadful images from her mind. Then, she pulled off her sweaty clothes and replaced them by a sleeveless black tank top and her old training shorts. She wore ankle length socks and tugged on her military boots. Securing her ever in contact dagger in her boots, she walked towards the door, grabbing the knob, she realised something. She turned and opened the drawer of her bedside table where she placed her necklace. She decided to wear both the pendants, so now along with her mother's moon, there was a single angel wing dangling happily on the chain. Pulling it over her head, she grabbed a spare hair tie for her dresser and walked off towards the open ground where the classification took place. Pulling her hair in a ponytail, she reached the ground to see only the older members of the pack present along with the elders. Half giving her a sympathetic smile others giving her a stink eye. She shut off her mind link because the thoughts were disturbing. She had messaged Jake not to come along with her friends because they were her biggest strength and her biggest weakness too. 

As she and Luke made their way to the centre, Amelia couldn't help but notice that, Luke too was wearing a tank top revealing his biceps which were twice the size of Amelia's thighs. He usually wore shirts and jackets which hid his muscular body very well. He saw Amelia staring and flexed his biceps, smirking. His eyes travelled up and down her own petite body compared to his, and they stopped at her neck. And his smirk turned to a look of pure horror. It was no secret that female alpha's are more powerful than male alpha's, but a mated female alpha. It was now Amelia's turn to smirk. The final trials of the pack are different from the normal trials. In the final trials, there is no discussion of rules, no pep talks nothing.