New Status, New Problems

After the ceremony, Amelia was waiting for her father. When he did show up, she was expecting him to hug her and shower her with praises but instead he stood 2 feet away from her like a stranger. And was scared? All the pack members were walking past her giving her a bow. Finally when Amelia started walking home, Robert followed quietly deep in thought. No sooner did the father daughter duo reach the house than the father made a beeline for his study. Leaving the newly classified wolf utterly confused. Robert locked himself in his study. He didn't even come down for dinner. Which resulted in Amelia eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drank a glass of apple juice and went to sleep. Which was hard as this was no the reaction she was expecting from her father. Or anyone for that matter. 

       Next morning, she woke up and headed for training, as Robert left early in the morning and his study was reeking of scotch. No note, no messages, no nothing. Even at training all were behaving weird. Keeping their distance from her and minding their own business. Even her friends were not cracking any stupid jokes. They were actually not speaking at all for that matter. Amelia left the training early that day and headed straight to the riverbank. Right now with all that was going on the only place she could actually feel relaxed and find some peace was the riverbank.

       Sitting there she let her thoughts drift off to nothing specific in particular. Then she smelled it before she heard and saw it. Rogues. She and Nymeria thought together. Amelia turned and sprinted in the direction of the smell. When she neared the rogues, she was hit by a very very familiar scent. On reaching the sight of the action, she saw two black wolves cornering a small red wolf. Immediately Amelia realised that this wolf was none other than Sydney. And She sprung in action. Nymeria howled menacingly. The two wolves turned and prepared to attack Nymeria. The wolves lunged and the white wolf dodged easily.Nymeria swiftly turned in mid air and bit the nearest wolf's throat. He howled in pain and the other wolf tried to bite Nymeria. She didn't see it at first then when she noticed she turned but not fast enough. And the other wolf slashed at her which missed her face and cut her side. The claws ripped her side and was bleeding profusely. Which caused Nymeria to howl out so loudly her eyes began to glow even more ice cold blue almost white. The wolves saw this and then they scrambled off. Running in the direction away from the territory. After recovering for a moment Amelia, gained the control again and went to check on Sydney.

       Then turning back into the human form, She carried Sydney to the hospital. She asked Salutary Mike to Attend to her. While she was calling Sydney's mother to inform her. And in that moment Salutary Amanda came to ask Amelia what she was doing here but she saw that Amelia was bleeding. She pulled Amelia in a room to patch her up. Her wolf was back yet, her healing process was slow. Slowly she made her way to her home. Sighing.

——————

         As soon as Amelia reached home, in all honesty she was hoping for some kind of appreciation. But Alas!

-"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? RUNNING AWAY LIKE THAT AND PULLING SOMETHING LIKE?" Yelled Robert when he saw his daughter. With one leg in the housed one out he frowned.

-"What? Dad I saved her. It is the responsibility of an Alpha to protect their pack. And you are behaving as if I was the one that attacked her not saved her." Said Amelia very offended by her father's words.

-"Okay come inside first and sit down." Amelia followed what Robert said.

-"What dad? You are disappointed that I am an alpha. I get it. I don't need you to spell it out for me. Okay? Can I go now?" Amelia accused him.

-"I am not disappointed. I love you Amelia. You are my daughter. All I want is for you to be save. And you going around 'saving' is not the way to scare your old man." 

-"Yeah sure dad." Said Amelia rolling her eyes. 

-"Hey, you don't get to talk to me like that. And you behave yourself. I am warning you."

-"Or what dad? What will you do?" Amelia felt her anger rising. And her voice was too raising.

-"Watch your tone, young girl! You will talk to me with respect while you are under my roof." Growled Robert, and Amelia saw Martin taking over. But somehow she didn't feel scared. More like threatened but for her pack? Not herself. This was weird. Why would she feel threatened by her own father. Better yet the Beta of the pack.

-".....                  Not only that I have let you carry out all your nonsense for way too long. I think I let you do whatever you want and now you have no regard for your own father? Now under my roof you follow my rules. You remember that girl. I am no person to mess with. And now go to your room and stay there. No sneaking out. Or the consequences will be severe."

        Amelia just got up and stared walking towards the stairs. She was almost at the top who she turned and said something she knew she would regret. 

-"You know what dad? Mom would've let me explain and understood me better."

-"What?"Robert asked surprised.

-"I WISH YOU WERE DEAD AND NOT MOM. SHE WOULD'VE SUPPORTED ME. SHE WOULD BE WITH ME AND NOT AGAINST ME 'DAD'. GOOD NIGHT." And she slammed her bedroom door and cried herself to sleep.

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment.