Chapter 67

(Made by danz-m this is THE MOST INCREDIBLE PIECE OF ARTWORK I'VE EVER BEEN SENT AND IM CRYING!!!! Honestly - you guys make my heart full and I can't believe this is real and its so pretty and Danielle - you are the best, i literally cannot say thank you enough x)

HI ANGELS!!

So, so so sorry for the delay in this upload - had a very busy week and was seeing family and friends that I haven't seen since before march so I didn't have time to write. 

Also, this chapter was a bitch to write and I rewrote it about 5 times so please be gentle with it because it's definitely not one of my best chapters but frankly I think I'd end up going on a hiatus if I tried again so I'm uploading it before i can change my mind!!!! 

Thank you for all the insta babes who were so reassuring and kind while I've been freaking out over it - so much love to you. 

Also - 685K reads? Iconic. You guys are unreal. 

Watty's opened and I'm super excited and hopefully will be entering this book in a couple of weeks!!!! SCREAM WITH ME!

As always, thank you for the love, you guys are incredible and I love you. 

ENJOY! X 

.

.

I don't know exactly how long I sat and stared at the papers in front of me - my head trying to wrap itself around the idea that this was real life and not a prank television show. Trent hadn't said anything, he'd just let his fingers gently rub up and down my arm as I had my internal breakdown, his patience neverending. 

Eventually, however, my fingers stop shaking and I could actually breathe again. Reality settling into my core. 

"Do you know who it is?" I ask, surprising him as he sits up straighter and his arm wraps around me a little tighter. 

"No, mon coeur, not really," he winces slightly, eyes downcast, "We have a couple of leads but nothing solid."

I can feel the worry filling me - whether it's from him or myself I don't know but my fingers quickly wrap around the necklace like they have done so many times before. I suppose it was a little silly considering Trent was sitting beneath me, but it had become almost like a comfort blanket and I couldn't help but hold onto it. 

I can't help but stare at Matt's stoic yet smug face glaring at me from the desk.

Was it just coincidence that my ex-boyfriend had been recruited, or was someone playing a sick game with me. 

God, I hope it's the former.

"So, whose Professor Richardson?" I ask, trying to take attention away from the eyes that feel like they're burning holes into me.

Trent's body relaxes a little as the chair turns with him, swinging us both around to more papers. 

"He's a long time pack friend and also a geographical analyst. We've asked him to have a look at some of the details we have to see if he can come up with some ideas of base location or how they're moving about."

That was smart.

"Okay," I sigh, straightening up as I ruffle through the sheets, "Let's see if I can spot anything."

I might as well give it a shot.

As I begin to flip through pages I feel Trent's hands hover over mine and a strained sound leaves his lips as he tries to stop me from digging further.