Chapter 7

You guys are amazing! Over 300 reads already!
Thank you so much for supporting this book- it honestly means the world to me and I am so grateful for the feedback. I love all of you so much x
.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't get his voice out of my head.

I couldn't get his words out of my head.

Or his face for that matter.

It's as if he had consumed all of my thoughts and it scared me, how was I meant to focus when all I could do was think about the way his hand moved through his hair, the brown locks combed by his tanned fingers. Or the way his golden eyes shone when he was laughing at me, his lips pulled into that gorgeous grin.

What scared me the most was that no matter how many times I thought about it, I never seemed to get sick of it. I could think about that smile of his on a constant loop.

"Well, you look like you've had a good day." Kristie comments, sliding into the chair beside me and I feel my cheeks heat up. "What's Matt done?" Her sneer is obvious as she rolls her eyes and starts digging through her bag, muttering about how he much of an ass he was.

"I haven't actually seen Matt all day so I don't know what you're talking about," I respond, avoiding looking at her by doodling in my notebook, "Nothing, in particular, has happened." There's silence in response and I look up to see what she's doing. I'm surprised when I see her staring at me scrutinisingly as if she was trying to figure something out. "What?" I ask innocently and all I get in response is narrowed eyes and more silence.

"Kristie, why do you look constipated?" The laughter bubbles from my lips and I sigh in relief as I turn and look at the figure sitting down beside us, while Kristie just pouts, folding her arms across her body. "Well, you do!" He laughs, leaning into me, his curly, blonde hair tickling my neck.

"Thanks for that Tom, you always know how to make an entrance," Kristie grumbles, glaring at our friend who reaches over and pinches her cheeks in response.

"You know how I love the dramatics," He winks and I grin at my two friends as they start to bicker.

Tom and Kristie became friends in drama class two years ago and since then they have always been friends, although they fight all the time like an old married couple. Despite this, they worked amazingly on stage together and always got the leads in shows no matter what the parts were– they just clicked. Tom didn't look like your average drama geek, he had blonde curly hair that hung over his ears and a lip ring sticking out of his mouth, his green eyes adding to the whole surfer look that he loved. He was quite tall too and his tanned complexion only added to his attractive qualities, which made girls ogle him whenever we went out in public. The only issue for them was that Tom was first and foremost, totally and undeniably gay. Kristie figured it out the first day they had class together and got paired as partners. Apparently, Kristie tried to pick the costume for their scene and Tom had some things to say about her choices.

I sit and listen to the two of them argue, their voices getting louder and movements growing larger as they both start to get more passionate about their conversation. This is how it always went; the two of them were always the focus of attention and could create drama out of a peanut. The number of times they'd fallen out over something completely stupid was unreal and so I'd stopped getting involved. Whenever they weren't talking I would just wait for them to be friends again – it usually lasted no longer than a day.

"All I'm saying is that I don't think Mr Reynolds is straight," Kristie complains and Tom lets out a scoff.

"Honey please, have you seen that mans haircut? He does not have a sliver of taste in his body," Tom flicks his hair out of his eyes, "Trust me."