Chapter 30

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT AS OF UPLOADING THIS CHAPTER THIS BOOK IS #29 IN ROMANCE RANKING. I'M SCREAMING - CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING. !!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe that we're at chapter 30, like it's a little unreal. One, because omg I've written around 90,000 words which is crazy, and two, because I am nowhere near done with this book, or Elle and Trent or any of their story so oh lordy this may become a series who knows.

I LOVE YOU ALL.

We've hit 157K reads, 10.3K votes and 2K comments. that's mental!!!!

I want to apologise for the little break I took over Christmas - it wasn't intentional but working 6 days a week with extra hours was a lot and so I just wasn't in the place to write.

But one of my new years resolutions is to dedicate more time to this and I'm so excited to do it. Thank you so much for your continuous support and constant love.

Make sure to leave comments and vote! Although, I feel stupid even saying it anymore because of course you guys will xxxxx

.

.

Chapter 30

Mrs Howard's lessons are never boring, but for some reason, this one was particularly difficult to pay attention to.

Perhaps, it was because Kristie and Cole kept laughing at something between them every two minutes, or maybe I just wasn't a fan of The Crucible.

Or maybe it is because all I can think about is Trent.

"I would now like for you two discuss with your partners, the themes in this play and what the story revolves around in your own opinion."

I turn from Mrs Howard and look at Trent, clearing my throat as I open the book onto a page and pretend to scan the words, my breath held as I try to think of something to say.

"So I think that a theme in this book is honesty," I start but the noise that emulates from Trent's throat stops me, 'Something wrong?" I ask, an eyebrow raised and he watches me, eyes filled with humour.

"No, not at all. I just disagree." His shoulders shrug so easily that it almost annoys me and I frown at him.

"It is about honesty, it's about being true to yourself and being honest, no matter what the consequence is."

And sometimes being honest can be pretty difficult.

"Well the way I see it, is that the whole story revolves around survival."

Arms flexing as he sits back in his chair I scrutinize him, waiting for an explanation but he remains silent, a small smirk on his lips.

"What's with the wolf tattoo on your back?"

The question leaves my lips without me even realising and what I've said only registers when Trent's smirk drops and he looks at me with eyes that pin me to my seat.

"What?"

His voice is low as if he is containing a growl and I feel myself sit back slightly, my hands twisting together as I try to grab a thought swirling around my head but it's as if they just keep slipping through my fingers and I'm frozen, blubbering, with nothing but air leaving my mouth.

Trent leans closer, his hand grabbing my chair and pulling me into him and he only stops when our chairs lightly clink together, our breath hitting each other.

"Why did you ask that?" he asks, whispering and my heart feels like it is about to pounce through my chest and run to the other side of the room, "Elle, why did you ask about the tattoo?"