Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to @gracietyler2016for being the first vote and comment on this new book! Thanks gal! 

After class I walk to the cafeteria with Kristie, our arms intertwined as we chat about Summer and what we had been up to. Well, I say we both talked but it was mostly Kristie, her out of school activities are much more exciting than mine.

"Plus it's only a week or two and then Cameron is back and we can all be reunited!" I squeal in response to her, our conversation changing to how jealous we were of his holiday making him miss school time. Cameron was one of our best friends and had been for almost as long as Kristie and I had been friends, and I had missed him insanely over summer because he'd been away the entire time.

Our conversation continued until we walked through the large, red doors of the cafeteria and that's when we paused. Kristie knew the rules, Matt always came first, so even though I wanted to go and sit with her and our friends, I had to sit on the other side of the room where I could see our school colours shining from the uniforms of sports teams.

I turn to Kristie with an apologetic smile, getting nothing back but sympathy which makes bile come up in the back of my throat. "Well... I'll see you later?" The words manage to squeeze out from between my lips and she nods before turning away, cheers and conversation greeting her as she sits down.

On the other hand, when I arrive at my table I'm greeted with mild hellos and the sight of someone sitting on my boyfriend's lap.

Annoyance simmers in my stomach and I clear my throat, "Excuse me, Tracey?" Her head whips around and everyone stares at me, "Do you not have a seat you could occupy instead of my boyfriend's lap?" Laughter follows and I send her a sickly sweet smile, not wanting anyone to think I was horrible. She rolls her eyes and pouts, hopping from Matt's lap and he gives me a shrug, motioning for me to fill the space she had left.

I lower myself and Matt's arms automatically slide around my waist, bringing my body against his. "I don't like it when she does that," I mumble and Matt squeezes me in response, a slight smile on his lips.

"I know Princess, and you're very sexy when you're jealous." I giggle as his lips plant themselves on my neck, working their way to my ear. The rest of the table doesn't seem to notice us, even if they did I doubt they would say anything, no one ever goes against Matt. The breath on my ear was now very hot and I could feel the change of atmosphere before the whisper even left his lips. "But if you ever talk like that again in front of me you're going to wish you hadn't."

My blood runs cold and my fingers go numb as he slowly pulls his head out from the crook of my neck and I can't do anything but stare into his eyes, his finger trailing down my cheek.

"Now be a good girl and get me my lunch, yeah?" my chin is in his hold and I feel him guide my head into a nodding motion while my body is still frozen in fear. He winks at me before bumping me off his legs and I stumble to my feet. As I turn to walk away, wanting to be out of the crowd of people as soon as possible, there's a sting on my butt and I realise that Matt had just spanked me in front of everyone.

A chorus of laughter erupts and I have to join in, acting like it's all just fun and games, even though my heart feels like it's about to pound its way out of my chest. I turn away from the table, Matt's smirk and Tracey's glare following me the entire way across the room and I sigh once I'm far away.

Looking across the room I can see Kristie sitting laughing at something and all I want to do is walk over and take a seat but I stay back and watch from afar instead, my heart burning in jealousy at the light conversation being passed between them.