Ch. 47 - Ceremony pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"You feel guilty because you cheated on him by sleeping with me?" James asked carefully.

My eyes widened. "No I didn't cheat...cheat on him because...he's dead."

FLASHBACK

I waited next to the big tree while Roselyn's birthday ball was happening. Ian and I had planned to meet secretly during her ball seeing as everyone would be distracted for a while.

I looked at the tower that held the clock. It read 10:46. Where was Ian? He was supposed to meet me at 10:45.

"Hey baby." I heard his voice behind me.

"Ian!" I whispered loudly, "You're late!"

Ian playfully smiled at me as I stood puffing my lip out in annoyance.

"My apologizes Lady Iris." Ian bowed, "I wanted to give my beautiful mate this flower for whom she's named after."

He pulled an iris flower behind his back holding it to me. I blushed taking the flower and holding it to my heart.

"Sir Ian you do know how to charm a girl." I flirted to him.

Ian grabbed my hips pulling me to him.

"The only girl I want to charm is my mate." He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Tonight was our last night here in the kingdom. Ian and I made secret plans to run away so we could be together.

I pulled away from the kiss. "Let's go." I grabbed his hand to leave but he stayed in place.

"Iris." He frowned, "Are you sure you want to do this? To leave your brothers, your home, your best friend?"

I looked at the castle hearing everyone partying and laughing the lights shining through. I hated it here but I once loved it.

I touched my mates cheek. "Ian we can't stay here. If we stay we won't be able to be together, I'll be married and soon you will too."

"But you'll happy. I don't know what kind of life I could give you if we were to run."

"I won't ever be happy here if I can't be with you. I don't care what life I live as long as you're in it."

"Such a shame that it won't ever happen." Another voice said.

Ian and I whipped our heads and saw Garrett, the asshat, that I am supposed to be marrying.

Ian pulled me behind him and was already growling while Garrett was smiling evilly.

"What are doing here Garrett?" I snapped.

He shrugged. "I was curious as to where my fiancé was sneaking off to. And what do I find, her with a lowlife pathetic warrior."

Ian growled loudly. "She's not your fiancé."

"And she'll never be yours. She's betrothed to me always has been since her birth and always will be till I die." Garrett laughed.

I could feel Ian's body shaking, I knew what Garrett was doing. He wanted to get a rise out of Ian so he could finally fight him.

Ian took a step forward and immediately Garrett pulled a gun from his side aiming it at Ian.

"Ian." I gasped trying to jump in front of him but he pushed me behind him again.