── THE DIARY

Tuesday, August 2, 1966

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

I WOKE UP to see that Dally had left already. It was slightly weird having Dal next to me last night, but it wasn't that uncomfortable like I thought it would be. Dal was slowly starting to change no matter if he knew it or not.

I got up and walked over to my desk to see that my diary had been moved, and I know exactly where I always have it. I was panicking now realizing the last entry I had written. Certainly, it could have been Mary or Hazel and not the person I was thinking of. Dal couldn't have read it last night he wouldn't go through my stuff. But then again Mary and Hazel never came into my bedroom without me being there. With this, I rushed downstairs to ask.

"Oh, Rose you're awake now. How are the twins doing?" My aunt asked as she was cooking eggs.

"T-They are fine. Just felt some kicks earlier. Uhm do you know where Mary and Hazel are? I have something very important to ask." I questioned looking around the living room.

"I think they are on the porch. Johnny and Dally already left by the way." I nodded my head thanking her before stepping out into the warm morning weather. There I saw both Mary and Hazel sitting while enjoying some lemonade.

"Rose! You're awake." Mary smiled being the first to see me. Hazel then saw me and got up to hug me.

"Yeah, it's pretty warm out. What time did Dal and Johnny leave?" I inquired while sliding into the empty chair next to Mary.

"I think around 8. They said they didn't want to wake you so that's why they left without saying goodbye." Mary confirmed.

"Oh, did anyone of them sound I don't know possibly nervous?" They seemed confused, by my question and I suddenly felt embarrassed for even asking.

"No... Not that I can recall. Why?" Mary suspiciously asked.

"Because I saw my diary had been moved. And I wrote something in there that isn't something I would like anyone of them to read. Unless one of you went in there? I promise I won't be mad." I clarified hoping that it had been one of them who had seen my diary. If Dally or Johnny had seen the entry, it would be messy knowing that I wrote something about Dal.

"Nope, we wouldn't go through your diary. So what if Johnny and Dal went through your diary it's not like you wrote something about them." Hazel chuckled sipping her lemonade. I turned away feeling awkward knowing that I had, in fact, wrote about Dal.