── CHRISTMAS NIGHT

Saturday, December 25, 1965

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   HAZEL AND I hurried to prepare for tonight's Christmas dinner with the gang. Even though things weren't exactly great since I was still a soc they still had chosen to invite us to come over and enjoy dinner together. I was baffled they had even considered inviting us. Generally, we would have Christmas dinner together as a family but since my mother had passed and my father had changed into some frightful man who only cared about booze and his job that had changed. Our father had decided to spend this Christmas drinking liquor and watching television. I was cheery hearing that the gang had actually thought of inviting us.

"Can you please check on the apple pie?" I asked as I put in my earrings. I had agreed to bake my mother's popular apple pie she had always baked every Christmas for the gang. I had made sure I was thorough and perfect on every step in the recipe. I expected to impress them and ideally steady everything down with this pie after the whole fight among Soda and Dally I had felt at fault.

"It looks impressive Rose. Just like mothers." I smiled as I hugged her as I could see a few tears.

"Everything will be okay. Let's be grateful for the gang for inviting us. They didn't need to do such a thing after what I did to them." I said as she held the pie and placed it on the table. It smelled delicious and I couldn't wait to have them taste it.

"Well, are you ready to go?" she asked as she stared at my outfit. I wore a baby blue colored dress, white heels, and my hair pulled up. I nodded my head as I stuck the note on the table lying to my father that we would be out having dinner with Cherry and her family. We couldn't say we were back to hanging out with the gang. Since we had moved our father saw greasers nothing but troubled hoods.

We headed to the Curtis home where we could hear laughter and the scent of cooking food. I gleamed as I got out of my car suddenly remembering distinct memories of my family having dinner at the Curtis home. It was full of laughter and countless stories and unbelievable food and desserts.

"Can you believe we're spending our Christmas once again at the Curtis house." Hazel laughed as she scurried to the door. Darry opened the door and appeared to be pleased to see us. He helped me as he took the pie and held the door open for Hazel and I. The gang who had all been watching some Christmas movie on the TV all turned to gaze at us as we stepped into the crowded living room. I noticed Soda who never once took his eye away from me as I walked in. I blushed and glanced over to see Dally lighting up on a cigarette as normal also looking over at me.  

"Hey, Hazel and Rose." Johnny and Ponyboy both said as they approached us.

"Hey." we both answered as we made it towards the kitchen where good-smelling food boiled.