── STUPID LITTLE KISS

Thursday, December 23, 1965

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

I WOKE UP to see my alarm clock reading 12:30 PM. I quickly ran downstairs to see Hazel eating lunch while my father was most likely working. I needed to go get my car at the drive-in or certainly, someone would attempt to steal it or tow it.

"What's going on with you?" Hazel asked as she cocked an eyebrow while she was spreading jam on a slice of bread. I scrambled to where my keys were and snatched them. I did not mind that I wasn't dressed properly all I thought about was my car.

"I have to get my car at the drive-in. Let's just trust it's there." I put on my shoes and ran out the door ignoring Hazel. I ran and ran to try and make it to the drive-in. I was going to be in real big trouble from my dad if I didn't get my car back. And him being angry at me was something I was striving to avoid so badly.

Dally's POV

I ran inside the Curtis House to see the gang already eating breakfast. I made it to the table and took a piece of toast off of Ponyboy's plate.

"Come on Dal did you really need to take my toast?" I snickered as I continued to eat the toast not thinking or caring about how irked up Soda and Ponyboy seemed to be. After yesterday Soda was not happy with me at all which I couldn't care less about.

"Man, are you all gonna give me the silent treatment because of Rose? I didn't have the idea you were that touchy Soda." I chuckled as Darry gave me a warning look I dismissed it and hoped to see Soda's reaction. He held tightly on to the fork and his facial expression indicated he was ready to snap. Seeing Soda furious at me over some girl especially a soc was entertaining.

"Dal just leave him alone before something bad happens." Johnny chimed in looking up at me.

"Man all over some soc." I started to make my way to the living room where Two-Bit had been eating and watching Mickey Mouse. I heard a sudden thud on the table and turned around to see Soda with his fists clenched in.

"She's not just a soc this is Rose we're discussing and why are you constantly acting like Mr. Tough Guy?! We all know somewhere deep inside you're some stupid little kid that puts everybody down to fill themselves up!" he shouted as he came closer to me. I laughed it off not actually caring about any of his words.

"I don't understand. So now you think you're so tuff huh? All you do is work on cars and draw in some girls because of your looks so calm down with that." I smirked I couldn't believe this was over Rose. A kiss that happened almost 6 years ago when we were just a bunch of kids. So what she kissed me first and lied. If anything it's her fault.

"At least I wasn't a coward and actually told her I liked her unlike you," he said as he started to come closer to me.

"A coward? I wasn't a coward I never liked her. I don't do that sweet soft shit as you do." he at that point ran up to me and shoved me. I laughed and glanced around to see the gang anxious about what was gonna happen next. I immediately punched him and that's what caused everyone to rush over to him. Soda clutched his eye and his face was now bruised from my punch.

"Dally, what the hell?!" Ponyboy yelled as he helped Soda onto a chair. Soda leaped out of his chair and ran out of the house bumping into me intentionally on his way out. Darry headed out to try and catch him and I sat next to Two-Bit who didn't seem to give one shit about the fight that just happened. I offered him a weed which he rejected before turning his attention back to the TV. I chuckled and focused my attention on Mickey Mouse along with Two-Bit.

Rose's POV

I soon made it to where I had left my car. I looked around making sure nobody was around or following me. After Randy, I was terrified that he would return and hurt me yet this time no one would be around to save me just like the gang had. I stepped to my car and was about to open the car door when I heard a sudden noise behind me. I quickly pulled out a switchblade I had stolen from my father yesterday night.

"Woah Rose it's just me. Put that thing away."  I looked to see Soda who had stepped back seeing my switchblade. His eye was bruised and he looked like he had been in a fight.

"Soda you startled me. What is going on with your face and why are you even here?" I inquired. He shrugged and kicked around the dirt around him and looked back up at me.

"It was about the kiss. Dal and I got into it it was ridiculous. And then I had shoved him which caused him to punch me so I guess I deserved it." I sighed as he explained. I felt guilty I was the one who lied to both of them. This should all be on me I had essentially been the explanation for their argument.

"I'm so sorry Soda. I was just an immature and young 11-year-old girl who didn't really understand her emotions at the time. I should have told you both the truth before it got to this point." I held a hand up to my forehead feeling overwhelmed by this entire situation.

"I understand Rose. I shouldn't have let it get to me. It's not like the kiss was meaningful." he laughed. Ouch despite the fact I always had considered Soda just a friend it still stung quite a bit hearing him say that. We both remained there in silence waiting for one of us to say anything.

"Well, I should get going before my dad comes home. Do you need a ride home?" I asked as I once again opened my car door and stepped in.

"Nope, I'm fine." he grinned as he waved goodbye as I began to drive away from the drive-in. All I could think about was the argument between the two certainly they would be okay in a few days. I didn't want to be the cause of their friendship perhaps ending. I pulled in to my house and sighed as I calmed myself down. They will be okay everything will be back to normal between them tomorrow I reassured myself.