── PROBLEMS

Saturday, February 12, 1966

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

I HAD MISSED several days of school lately but I had a fairly reasonable lie that they believed. I had only stated that I was with a cold and I needed about a week to recover. I would be going back Monday two days from now I was not excited about this because I have gotten used to not attending school and also because of Cherry. I didn't think I should tell her since that would be a catastrophe. She didn't like greasers even hanging around them would give her a heart attack but I can only imagine how she would react if I told her I was pregnant by the troublesome Dallas Winston. But again If I didn't tell her what would happen if I unexpectedly left school without an explanation at all. I wasn't too certain what I was going to do about school I didn't want to drop out nor stay in school during my pregnancy. It was all just a big ole' mess and the situation was Dal was also complicated. I frankly didn't know what to do.

"You should call Darry up and tell him you didn't get the abortion after all," Hazel suggested as I was currently driving her to school. I glanced over at her and nodded before dropping her off further away from where I generally drop her off. This was because I didn't want to see Cherry or Marcia on the front steps and have to make up another lie. We said our goodbyes before I made my direction to the clinic. Today I was about 6 weeks into my pregnancy and the doctor had advised me on coming back to get something called an ultrasound. I hardly know about it only from information in books at school. I wasn't too worried though since she reassured me it wasn't painful.

I parked my car and made my way inside the almost empty clinic which I really did prefer. I checked in before waiting a few minutes and then the doctor who I had visited the last check-up called for me.

"A nurse will be performing your ultrasound. Since you are young we are doing this earlier for you to see if the baby is healthy since again you're a very young girl and can have complications in your pregnancy." I nodded my head and she walked away leaving me once again in the empty cold room. I was anxious I understood that having a baby as a teenager can cause birth defects or miscarriages which was alarming. As I thought about the unpleasant ways that this pregnancy could go wrong a friendly-looking nurse walked in.

"Hello, Rose I'm nurse Michaels and I will be conducting your ultrasound. So, please lay down for me. This gel might be a slight bit cold but don't worry it's an only gel and it's to simply catch a heartbeat." I swallowed the huge gulp in my throat and flinched as she applied the sticky gel on to my bare stomach. She looked up to the monitor and moved the stick around my stomach and then some relatively loud thumping noise began. She smiled at me and looked at the monitor examining whatever was on the screen.